• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seel old PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alexisvx

Registered
Hi all,
I finished building my first rig and want to sell my old PC which is fully functional and runs beautifully.

I thought I would perhaps get more money if I sold the system as a whole as opposed to individual parts. I moved the hard drives to my new build so these will need to be purchased.

How much do you think I cal sell it for and is craigslist and e-bay the best places to sell?

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX - 768 MB GDDR3 SDRAM PCI Express x16
CPU: Intel Core duo E6850
RAM: 4x 8GB (DDR3 1333)
M/B: DFI LP UT P45-T3RS
PSU: 850W - ETASIS ET850
Generic DVD player
Case: Coolmaster (not sure what model)

My research shows me that:
GPU: sells for $45-50
CPU: sells for $10
couldn’t find other components

I'd put it at $250-$300 to cover the cost of the overkill-for-a-dual core RAM. If you sell it as parts, you'll probably have better luck giving that CPU away on Freecycle or something. It's not worth shipping.

Best place to sell is on tech forums, where you can see people's ratings from previous transactions. Don't want to meet a stranger in a parking lot and get robbed or stabbed.

Back