• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sempron64 3000+ oc results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CanadianTSi said:
How about some SuperPI or some other benches?
yea, i wanna see some benchies from it too. i may recommend this chip to a friend who got a crappy OCing 3000+ if the benchies are decent :)

Just thought I would add that these processor are very good at low voltages as well. I am currently testing my sempy at the lowest voltages possible while still keeping a decent overclock of 2.24ghz. At the moment, it is very stable with vcore at 1.23v. I will keep on testing with even lower voltage, and I'll try to get a screenshot up when I hit the wall. This should be interesting for silence freaks and htpc users.

kswaid said:
Just thought I would add that these processor are very good at low voltages as well. I am currently testing my sempy at the lowest voltages possible while still keeping a decent overclock of 2.24ghz. At the moment, it is very stable with vcore at 1.23v. I will keep on testing with even lower voltage, and I'll try to get a screenshot up when I hit the wall. This should be interesting for silence freaks and htpc users.
Sounds pretty good to me already. What are the temps like at that voltage?

I just tried running PCMark05 at 2.8GHz, 1.6V but it froze. I backed it down to 2.75GHz at the same voltage and it ran through it fine. The score ended up being 2717, which from what I can tell, is low. It might just be because I have slow hard drives though.

Idle is around 27-29C, load about 39C. Keep in mind that this is with a silencer64, which has no heatpipes or any copper and a low-speed fan. With an xp-90 or better the temps would be quite a bit lower.

Update: it is not entirely stable at 1.23v. Games and windows run fine, but Prime95 needs 1.26v for stability. Still, not too shabby considering it is overclocked 600mhz.

I'll buy one to try it out....

which one should i pick?

I'll be buying some TCCD ram too, to jack up the HTT in a 1:1 ratio.

Well, the best would be a 3400+, but those are about $135. I guess it just depends on how much cache and what multiplier you want. 256k cache = 2800+. higher multiplier = 3000+, 3100+, etc.

I doubt those are TCCD. They might be TCC5, but I don't know. The sempron looks good, should be able to hit pretty high clockspeeds with it. I don't know if it is worth the extra $60 over a 2800+, but that is for you to decide. As for the xp-90, that should be more than enough if you have a decent fan. good luck!

edit:
you might want to check out this processor, and save a little dough. It has the 256kb cache and a 9x multi to go with it for $30 less than the 3400+.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104237

I would probably just get the 3100+ as kswaid said. It has the same amount of cache as the 3400+, is quite a bit cheaper, still has a usable multiplier, and should hit close to the same speeds. Most boards shouldn't have a problem running over 300 to max out the 3100+; of course there may be some that can't get there.

its on its way...

I picked up some patriot ram with XBLK technology....

I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out.

Back