• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sennheiser HD555... or HD280

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yahonmaizosz

I owned a Logitech Z-5500 and it has been great. The sound quality and experience is real wonder in my ears..

However, these few consecutive weeks, 2 of my neighbours had just moved out and replaced by an elderly couple. I am living in an apartment in Downtown, the walls are thick, but these elders keep complaining that my volume is too loud. They can't take the BASS and TREBLE.. Funny thing is that, I always kept my volume at 50%..

So, to RESPECT the elderly and prevent any trouble or fights, I decided to purchase a HEADPHONE for my gaming and music purposes..

Since the only headset I ever had is Sennheiser, I am planning to get another one, but don't know which one to choose.. After searching through forums, I finally get a hold of this Sennheiser HD555.. What do you guys think of it? My budget for a HEADPHONE would be $150 MAX.. I am open to a better suggestion but keep in mind the BUDGET..

There is a deal in DakMart.com for only $75.. But, I had never deal with them and feel kind of uneasy.. Here is the LINK to their website..

Another headset that I am considering would be the Sennheiser HD280.. I heard that it is another good product with good price.. Good noise Insolation too..

For now, I shall lower my volume.. Do give me a suggestion guys..

;)

The HD280 is amazing. I use it with my z-5500 little external volume controller thingy, and it sounds great. heh :santa:

I have the HD555 and i love them :D

You could try looking for the Audio Technicas ATH AD-700 (not entirely sure on the name) which is supposed to be a little better than the HD555s but at the same price (at least in the US, it's double here)

edit: found a review http://www.fpslabs.com/reviews/headsets/audio-technica-ath-ad700-review

I had read about the Audio Technica Ad700.. 4 people recommended me that over the HD555 today! :beer:

What do you think of Sennheiser HD595?? It is a pretty good looking headphone too..

I own the 555's and love em too. Buy an extra adapter for the audio jack though as theirs broke on me, happened to a friend of mine too.

Thx for your input guys.. I ended up buying the Sennheiser HD595.. I am not going to buy an Amplifier anytime soon, not sure about the future...

I will see how this headphone turns out..

Thx for your help and suggesions..

mmm... I just bought the HD280's today at the local guitar center. They certainly blow my bose triports away. Won't need anything else for a while. They don't leak much either I've noticed. I let my wife try them out and I could barely tell she was listening to anything.

Ya.. I heard that it is a real steal considering its price/performance ratio.. :)

I just received my Sennheiser HD595 and the sound quality is totally breathtaking.. Finally, I can PARTIALLY live without my Z-5500.. The bass and treble is really powerful.. It is not only good at music, but Gaming too.. I tried playing Battlefield 2 and it is almost as lively as my Z-5500.. Totally happy with it.. :)

I think that the I/O port that came with the Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty is more than sufficient to power the HD595.. The sound quality is so much different than when you plug it with the Z-5500..

Back