• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's 2400+ (35W) Mobile Review / OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oc_byagi, could be they are starting to make better boards, can't really argue the point since i haven't got the m/b myself. i'm just glad ppl are able to finally use an7's to their full potential.

pershoot man, you finally sorted them out... can't say i blame you :p , there's certanly a whole lot of them :) .

yah, but when it's going to be out... that's the question. they sent out boosters for testing, so, at least another 2-3 weeks of that; then some more time till they get it to retail channels...

Is there any benefit to pick a 35watt above a 45watt mobile? I'm asking this because i'm looking for a new cpu, and excaliberpc sells 35watt mobiles and 45watt mobiles. I don't know which one to choose because I don't know what the benefits are other than it needs a little lower voltage to get the same speed.
Anyone?

sry lucas...

not a whole lot really...

if you read this thread from the beginning you can see the results Sen was getting. some 2600+ 45W get much better o/c than 2400+ 35W but it's not written in stone. mine needs 1.9+v for 2600MHz which is not all that good; Sen's 2600+ gets over 2.6GHz barier with only 1.8+v...

in short, if you can get IQYHA 0352 MPMW or IQYHA 0351 MPMW 2600+ 45W, that would be your best bet. the 2400+ 35W is SPMW (at least till recently) so, you'd be getting about 2.5GHz with it on average.

Hmmmm I ordered from excaliberpc.com and all the mobiles they have left there are in the 04xx series. So all manufactured this year. Isn't it that the quality improves when time goes by?
The cpu's they have listed there are:
AMD Mobile Athlon XP2400 35W Processor(Tray) (IQYHA:0402SPMW)
AMD Mobile Athlon XP2400 Processor(Tray) (AQYHA:0415UPMW)
AMD Mobile Athlon XP2500 Processor(Tray) (AQYHA:0410TPCW)
So, which one would you pick if you were about to get one?
the first one is the most expensive one, so probably there is more demand for the fist one. Don't know it that reflects their oc-ability thought...
I only have till today 6pm to change my order.
Thanks in advance..!!

Personally, I'd wait for the 2600 mobile to come back. They always restock them within a week from what I've seen. The reason I say that is because we've seen the upper limit of the 2400-2500 mobiles, but the 2600 mobiles haven't been taken to their limits yet. If you can hold off on your order, *maybe* you'll bet Sen's overclock ;)

Well, buying from Excaliberpc is a good start, since they guarantee their steppings. Looking at Sen's sig, you can see that he has IQYHA 0352 MPMW. Since Ex. guarantees an I.. stepping, you can try to get the same week, but good luck, the 2600's have been selling fast. I've checked Ex. every week for the past three, and they sell out regularly.

Well I orderd the "AMD Mobile Athlon XP2400 35W Processor(Tray) (IQYHA:0402SPMW) " I think the cpu Sen. has, is already sold out since the cpu they sell now is from 2004. Well, I see what this baby can do when I get it.
One more question, is it really beneficial to burn a chip in?

u should have got 45w 2500+ if 2600+ was out of stock. oh well..

see if u can change the order. the 45w will outperform the 35w.

Ok, if i remember correctly I thought the IQYHA stepping were better than the AQYHA. Sorry for being so annoying, but I don't live in the US, so I want to make absolutley sure that I get what I want, and that is a good oc-able cpu :)
Thanks for helping me! :)

eh, don't sweat it lucas... you should be getting around 2.5 with your cooling out of this cpu; could be more if the voltages don't scare you :p .

Well I just did the unthinkable. I bought an x800XT Platinum Edition for $473 from PC Connection. (Lifetime Rating: 8.93)

Waiting list is 2-4 weeks, but at that price I dont care. :eek:

Worst comes to worst, Ill ebay it for much dinero.

Back