• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's 2400+ (35W) Mobile Review / OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I haven't hooked my hard drives yet.....
having fun outside of my house lately, going to do them in couple hours

BTW, I just received eVGA 6800GT, I"ll see how it performs.

Last edited:
oc_byagi said:
I haven't hooked my hard drives yet.....
having fun outside of my house lately, going to do them in couple hours

BTW, I just received eVGA 6800GT, I"ll see how it performs.

Thnx, plz keep *me* informed. Your system is almost *identical* to mine. So your results should play 1:1 with mine. I eagerly await them.

My GT is on a waiting list. I *could* get one now, but that would cost an additional $70. Personally I can wait, $335 for a GT is hard to pass up.

GT? 335? not bad at all. what make is that? i thought that would probably be a card to get price/performance-wise...

OMG!!! 6800GT I received had a bad RAM, I got massive artifacts in BIOS, 2D, Desktop...... RMA time.... great. sorry Sen, I don't think I can post any results like this. :(

AN7 (AN7DE8 CPC-Disabled) is working out very well so far, I'm testing out FSB right now and it seems like I was not able to stabilize 245x8 but 240x8 may be the spot. (not bad at all for me)

UPDATE: 240fsb was slightly unstable, as I'm testing 235x10.5 (2.45ghz) @ 1.75v. Things are looking very good, and I totally love AN7.

Since I've been using AN7 for couple days now, let me put some things that I like AN7 over NF7.
1.very stable bios, powering the comp off and on will reset the bios settings that went over the limit. (NF7 I believe needed power supply to be turned off and on)
2. Profiles of bios settings. (have not tried but seems very useful, gaming, homework, browsing profiles for example)
3. Thermal sensor under the socket is gone. (no more random sirens, but there is a known bug in AN7, siren goes off randomly when you modify bios settings. You can still be booting while siren goes off though, as it goes away after about 10 sec)
4. Supposedly, better sound on-board chip. Realtek 638 instead of NF7's 630.
5. RAM voltage up to 3.2v, NB up to 1.75v, Vcore up to 2.2 (same), VERY NICE VOLTAGE OPTIONS FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO CAN'T SOLDER!!!
6. CPC-Disabled bios actually helped overclock FSB higher, compared to my experience with NF7's CPC-Disabled bioses, which didn't help me go higher FSB. (TicTac's AN7DE8 CPC-ON/OFF <-whichever suited, is known to be the best bios)
7. XP-M is detected as Athlon XP-M rather than Unknown CPU Type :p

Some Cons
1. As noted above (#3), there's a bug, siren goes off randomly when modified bios. (it will boot, and it will go away after 10 sec).
2. uGuru is supposed to be unfunctional (mainly the OS overclocking, just use BIOS)
3. Lack of Abit's BIOS update support (last updated in april i believe, older than NF7/-S)

Last edited:
So with the knowledge you have now, the nf7-s or the an7?
I have a nf7-s rev2.0 already, but since i ordered myself a mobile cpu and memory, I now have enough spare parts to build a extra computer. The only thing i'm missing now is a mobo. So, would you recommend a an7 or a nf7-s?

Well I bought my 6800GT from C-USA. Score is in the sig. 12,344 3d03marks :clap: I still cant get 2001SE to cooperate. Its at best low 22k. Which is less than 1,000 more than my previous score :confused:

No issues whatsoever. Infact Im #4 on the ORB with an AXP. Im short the #1 spot by less than 500 points.

Core clock is low but my RAM is damn high. Even for a 6800GT. Clock = 420 | 590

Oddly the card dosnt artifract ever, when using Coolbits. All it does is slow down and begin to chop. Either way I am wholly satisfied......ahhh its good to be back with nVidia.

lucas81 said:
So with the knowledge you have now, the nf7-s or the an7?
I have a nf7-s rev2.0 already, but since i ordered myself a mobile cpu and memory, I now have enough spare parts to build a extra computer. The only thing i'm missing now is a mobo. So, would you recommend a an7 or a nf7-s?

It's all drawn by luck, but from what I've been reading, there are more consistency for AN7 to reach higher fsb. Lowest being 220, you may go up to 260fsb if you're lucky. Me personally, I would pick AN7 over NF7.

Ok, since I already have a NF7 I already know enough about them. But I hardly know anything about the AN7's. Do you mind to share your knowledge about the an7 with me? Like, what to do with them when I get one, and what not to do...and are there as much bios-es for the an7's like there is for the nf7?
I'm leaning towards an an7, because i already have a nf7, but still not sure about that..
Thanks in advance.

It is basically NF7, I just put Vantec Iceberg for SB/NB and did L12. Bios to choose is AN7DE8, you can choose CPC-ON or OFF depending on the RAM size (double sided or single) (you can find them at http://forum.abit-usa.com/)
you can always PM me if you got questions. (but it's only like my third day using AN7, so don't expect me to know everything.)

WOW, what a surprise, I walked into Fry's today and I saw BFG 6800GTOC for 399.99. I bought it since eVGA from zipzoomfly was defective. I was able to replace the card earlier than I thought :) No shipping, what a deal I gotta say, going to try them tomorrow when I get the new power supply (Forton 530W).

Actually this post was an old news, I DID have trouble with these 6800GTs but look over at my nvidia thread, I posted last night that I was finally able to fix the issue. It was the power supply problem. I received Forton 530W yesterday and it just fixed the artifacting problem.
I'm still testing CPU/GPU but (234x11) I got 20090 (01) and 10906 (03) /* Ran with loose mem timings of 3-3-3-11 and no video card overclock */

Sen, are you going to flash your GT to Ultra??? I'm going to give it a try today.

Last edited:
correction in a statement i made earlier in this thread. ocz calls dimm3 dimm1. so nf7 users can use it in dual channel. excaliberpc has them in i do believe. 49.99USD, 5 USD shipping.

enjoy:) ill be gettin one me thinks..

pershoot said:
oc_byagi, those XL's cant do tighter? u def. needed cl3 to do 234? jus curious.. thx:)
I just want to have my memory loose as I'm testing my CPU's limit right now, I'm sure I can run it at 2-3-3 or 2-2-3 if I increase vdimm, but I'm just having them loose so I won't have questionable cause that won't clarify the limit.

only 20K 3dmarks in 01?!?!?!? My 9800pro 20700 at 200fsb...thats pretty sad for the 6800

2001 is pretty much depended on CPU as it's not grahpic intensive at all. I don't think Sen gained too many points in 2001 either. Either way, I'm very happy with my setup now.

Hey oc_byagi... the IQYHA 0401 is good? I see you have only 1.75V at 234x11. Did you get that from excaliberpc? I was going to buy it, but I thought the 0351/0352 were the only good ones. I have a 2500-M IQYHA0406, and it's only doing 223x10.5.

Yeah, it's as good as 0351/0352 or even better. It requires very low volts. I can't seem to clock it very high though, (limited to around 2.6) but probably due to my cooling.

Back