• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's 2400+ (35W) Mobile Review / OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just started testing with AN7, and it's simply AMAZING.
stock bios posted up to 220-225fsb, so I tried tictac's AN7DE8 CPC-on, and it posted up to 250fsb (1.813v) @ 2.5-2-3-11 (3.1v). I haven't hooked up my hard drives yet since I haven't replaced anything on the board, like NB fan, SB sink, mosfets, etc, so I don't exactly know how stable the board exactly is. I'll do that tomorrow and see if it improves anything. This is definitely exciting as I didn't have best times with NF7.

BTW, I'm waiting for my $399 ($438 with overnight + tax) X800XT PE from gateway. can't beat that price anywhere :D

to both :p

how do they expect us to play doom if the new vid cards are not readily availiable?

it's a conspiracy, i'm telling you... :p

the ocz diag tool goes in dimm 3 on the nf7. that means nf7 users cant use it without losing dual channel. thats the info off their page. that may change...

Got a question for any of you who know the answer. Is this the Hynix chip that reaches
the high fsb?
HYNIX
I found it at CC in a DC kit for 120. I'm going to take it back though, because after loading it up, my computer still couldn't boot at a higher fsb. I'm going to save the money and probably get a 2600 mobile and then buy some OCZ from SeanOMatic. He has some pretty good prices. I just wanted to know if I had actually gotten the right memory. I wasn't that impressed really. Even in DC, my bandwidth and performance didnt' increase by getting this ram, it actually decreased when I overclocked the ram. My bandwidth went from the 3000 MB/s that I'm at now to 2900 with the Hynix. My unbuffered bw went up by a 100 though, so maybe it evens out somewhere.

Last edited:
All right, I'll hold off one more day. I was actually going to flash back to Trats anyway. i went to D10 to see if it would up my oc any, but no luck. My temp readings went up by 8°C though. That makes me nervous, because I can't see my actual temps. Sen. what were your stock timings for your D43? I have 3-3-3-10 on mine. I got it down to 2.5-3-3-10 at 2.7V.

Well. I tried the new timings and flashed back to Trat's D24 rev.2. It raised the level that I can get into Windows, but not my stable overclock. I'm still stuck at 203. The weird thing is, and I'm wondering if you guys have experienced this. When I'm at 1.875 and 203, I can run programs for about 10 min. and then it freezes. I'll up it to 1.9V and then it will run for 5min and then freeze. I'll up it to 1.93, and it won't make it past the green load bar for Windows before it freezes. Is this temp. related or is my powersupply at fault. My brother, mtb856, gave me his 350W that he got free with his case. I'm exposing this reluctantly, so don't slam me on this ;) My cpu takes about 100W at this overclock according to Sandra, but I'm not sure if anything else in my rig takes that much power, or if the p.s. actually supplies 350W, I'm betting it's around 250-300W since it is a freebie. It isn't my ram, because it is overclocked 6 Mhz.

I'm thinking about taking the ram back and buying a 2600 mobile. One, I'll get a higher overclock at a lower voltage, even with the pc2700 ram that I had. 2) If my problem is temp. related, the mobile runs cooler. 3) I really really want a mobile. #3 is the best reason ;)

One more thing and this book will be done. I checked out Excalibur, and they have two 2600 mobiles: 0352 and 0401 weeks. Sen has the 0352, but I'm wondering if in your experience, the newer steppings do a bit better. ( I'm coming for you Sen :p) If you don't know, I'm willing to take a chance with it. It's kind of cool trying new stuff. Anyway, I'll be around. Later guys.

Picked it up. I'll take the ram back today, since it was either the ram or the cpu. :sigh: I wish I could keep both. But, Excaliber had a free upgrade to 2nd day air, so I'll get my cpu friday :attn: Here I come Sen. I've got a good feeling about this cpu. I wanted you to have a little success, so I bought the locked desktop, but now you're going down. I'll have to change the threads name to Enduro's 45W 2600 Review ;)

some evidence that it takes more core to do higher fsb.

this cpu does:

12x219 ~ 2.63 @ ~ 1.87 load & 1.9 idle

with a higher fsb:

11.5x227 ~ 2.62 @ ~ 1.92 load & 1.95 idle

that is an oddity.

Last edited:
i noticed it too. i think it's because cpu has to handle higher throughtput as fsb climbs. more work - higher voltage needed to stabilize it.

that's my crazy theory and i am sticking to it :p .

I had a weird thing happen this morning. Booted up my computer and a few seconds later and error popped up " Master Boot Record error ". I just shrugged, restarted my computer, and the computer froze at the green bar. Getting worried, I tried safe mode. Nothing.... wouldn't start up.

Then I remembered fondly what HP had done to the hard drive that I have. Taken out of an HP computer, it has a recovery partition on it in place of a Windows disc. So I ran chkdsk and it found errors. The recov. part. is in dos format, so I typed in /? and saw fixmbr which looked like fix master boot record.... so I tried it and it found a error in the boot table. Have you guys ever encountered this before? I'm wondering if I overclocked too far when testing out the new ram..... it has happened before. Usually though, chkdsk will fix the problem and go on.... who knows. I ran fixmbr and it fixed the problem so I can get into Windows now, but I'd still like to know.

enduro said:
I had a weird thing happen this morning. Booted up my computer and a few seconds later and error popped up " Master Boot Record error ". I just shrugged, restarted my computer, and the computer froze at the green bar. Getting worried, I tried safe mode. Nothing.... wouldn't start up.

Then I remembered fondly what HP had done to the hard drive that I have. Taken out of an HP computer, it has a recovery partition on it in place of a Windows disc. So I ran chkdsk and it found errors. The recov. part. is in dos format, so I typed in /? and saw fixmbr which looked like fix master boot record.... so I tried it and it found a error in the boot table. Have you guys ever encountered this before? I'm wondering if I overclocked too far when testing out the new ram..... it has happened before. Usually though, chkdsk will fix the problem and go on.... who knows. I ran fixmbr and it fixed the problem so I can get into Windows now, but I'd still like to know.

Actually just a few days ago I had a somewhat similar problem. I slowly went from 214fsb to like 220fsb... the nf7-s gave me the two two siren and so I cleared CMOS and booted up at the safest high fsb I had at the time (I think it was 214). I got into windows and noticed something I'd never seen b4. Every icon on the desktop and in the quicklaunch bar (minus the default icons -- like My computer, Recycling Bin, and folders) were all the "unknown windows" icons. It read the names of the programs under the icon, but when I double-clicked it would give me some error and couldn't open the program. The only thing that actually worked was internet explorer.

Well, I came to the conclusion that I must have corrupted a sh**load of files with the high FSB and so I formatted and re-installed winXP. No worries, though... the 74gb Raptor installs everything completely (with all programs, etc) in a matter of moments.

So yeah... your OC definitely screwed it up. If you don't have recovery a re-install is doesn't usually do it. You usually have to format before you install. I did a re-install on mine, and I was able to get programs to work but Norton 2k4 was acting up... so from now on if I have corrupted files I'm going to format and do a full install... not re-install.

Back