• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's Mushkin PC6400 Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you know it it steve. mushkin direct. we have some DDR2 1000 coming out soon.

Duonger

Last edited:
Duonger said:
you know it it steve. mushkin direct. we have some DDR2 1000 coming out soon.

Duonger

I'd :drool: but from these results Im not exactally suprised :p

steven_a-data said:
Two words... Holy $%@!
:drool:

Direct from Mushkin?
Yessir using the motherboard max of 2.3v and no exotic cooling other than straight up air. Not bad if you ask me, especially as I cross the 1015mhz mark :eek:

Almost forgot to mention that it comes with a nice case-badge. <see far right silver>

IMG_1974.jpg

...and a nice pen (which I have lost already...again :mad: )

Soon as my vcard gets here Ill push it some more, but right now I cant do crap until it does :cry:

I have a picture of it running in the 1015-1025 zone yet I forgot to take it off my PC before i yanked the card :cry:

Last edited:
apu318 said:
Nice setup Sen. :D That P4 will be smokin when you tweak it a bit more.
That would be the hope, but it doesnt help the fact that this turkey on ebay hasnt gotten my card to me yet :(

wholly **** sen, whats teh mb/s on this?
edit: nvm :bang head
damn man almost 9k :drool:

well.. now im convinced to go 955x/pci-e time to sell, sell sell

Wow, just when I am trying to decide 5400UL, 6400 or 8000 to go with a P5WD2. I kinda discounted the 8000 because of timings and it looks like most 6400 and 5400UL will get to the same speeds with the same timings anyway. This mem is looking nice and for whatever reason 6400 is mucho cheaper than 5400UL.

My concern with the board (which I will order this weekend) is that the LockFree apparently doesn't work on anything other than that 660 you have :( I can run 312FSB on my 550 in the P5AD2-E with x14 and I am going to have to give that up for a while. What dividers does the P5WD2 have for mem if you don't mind?

Nice benches...I think you've convinced me on the 6400 route :D

P5WD2 has 1:2,3:5,3:4,1:1,5:4,

Also, at 300+ on that board you should have access to 3:5 which is what I am using now. That will give you the same 1ghz count that I have.

Thanks for the info Sen. Is the 3:5 divider only available >300FSB? Until they put out a BIOS that enables the lock free on other chips in that board, I am going to be stuck at about 260FSB.

I have been looking for other 6400 modules with similar latencies...so far Mushkin is looking like the best in that dept. I am tempted to order a pair directly from them. How long did it take to receive yours?

Thanks for the info and thanks for breaking me out of my Corsair "tunnel vision" ;)

Back