• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serious Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
james.miller said:
why hasnt anybody suggested that he look in the bios for the temps?

if anything, it will always be more accurate than any software program.

I took a look at the Bios when all this started happening. It was the quickest thing with out going straight into Windows :D. It still gave me high readings. And of course, I AM interested in what you all do, I plan on getting into the hobby of overclocking. My dad is building a shed, he said he would give me a section of it, so I guess that's where I'll be doing it at :).

Good idea. Well if you need any help choosing the parts- you can probably start in general computer related discussion, we'de be glad to offer assistance.

As far as cooling- yeah I don't know why it would show that for your CPU temp. It might be that speedfan is reading your motherboard temperature.

With your heatsink fan on, the warmth from the heatsink would be excellerated around the case via the fan. This would theoretically increase motherboard temperature.

But with your heatsink fan turned off, the warmth from the heatsink would remain in and around the heatsink vacinity. This would probably mean lower motherboard temperatures.

My bets are that either your speed fan is reporting innacurate temperatures, or your speedfan is reporting motherboard temperature as CPU temperature.

In any event, it is probably a lot safer to leave your CPU fan on.

When you build your next system, temps may be accurate, but they also may not be. If you end up not trusting your temperatures from the system, you can always pick up an external temperature monitoring device.

I think SSS mentioned a DigiDock. I have this in my main rig. It mounts in your 5.25inch bay and reads temperatures no matter if your computer is in DOS, Windows, or your BIOS setup (since it detects temperatures independant from your system). It comes with several temperature diodes and several fan cables (the digidock can also control fan speed of several fans based on your custom temperature settings).

Ok... I've typed way more than I should have. If you skipped over this, I don't blame you :D.

Anyway, welcome to the forums!!!

P4 clock throttling. At least you know when an AMD is cpu is too hot to perform properly.

if you have any questions

If you have any questions when building your comp Blaz3 drop me an e-mail at [email protected]. I have been working on comp's for about ~6 years and many of the guys on this forum have done the same and can offer great advice. I have also officially addicted 22 different people into computer modding and building here in Rockton Illinois including teaching them all how to build the computer as well =). If you want a more peer to peer chat than a forum or e-mail catch me on AOL Instant Messenger, my chat handle is of course Imacrzyprsn. I will be more than happy to help with any quesiton you have.

Ok, thanks for all the advice. I don't think I'll be able to start building till my dad and I finish the shed. (I did read it all diggingforgold :D)

[edit]
Sandra seems to be reportingg decent tempertures (44-50 degrees) *relieved* :p thanks for all the help again.
[/edit]

Something is crazy in Blaz3 cooling if it gets hotter when the FAN is ON !

I think you should remove heatsink and try to reseat it with some new thermal gunk(TIM). Remove the old gunk b4 applying new.

Is it possible you didn't remove the TIM protector? It's either a waxy paper thing or a plastic clip.
(TIM = Thermal Interface Material)

A cele 700 doesn't emit much heat... it shouldn't be running at no 50-60 C idle...

Do you take the tempreadings with the case side off?
Any additional venting in case?

Is it really stuffed around the cpu? Can you move cables to give the fan some "beathing space"

If you run the fan, doesn the fan itself get blistering hot?
(If its warm to the touch no problem, if it's hot to the touch =Weird)

Even though it runs, it's weird cause a fan should always help above convection

Paxmax said:
Something is crazy in Blaz3 cooling if it gets hotter when the FAN is ON !

I think you should remove heatsink and try to reseat it with some new thermal gunk(TIM). Remove the old gunk b4 applying new.

Is it possible you didn't remove the TIM protector? It's either a waxy paper thing or a plastic clip.
(TIM = Thermal Interface Material)

A cele 700 doesn't emit much heat... it shouldn't be running at no 50-60 C idle...

Do you take the tempreadings with the case side off?
Any additional venting in case?

Is it really stuffed around the cpu? Can you move cables to give the fan some "beathing space"

If you run the fan, doesn the fan itself get blistering hot?
(If its warm to the touch no problem, if it's hot to the touch =Weird)

Even though it runs, it's weird cause a fan should always help above convection

My side cover is off (It stays off :D), There is hardly any wires around my fan, and the fan doesn't get hot.

I think i fixed it though. I put a piece of aluminum foil in between temporaly until I can buy a new heatsink and fan (or better yet, build me a whole new computer.)

Idle temps are around 40-43 C and running temps are around 50 C, it's doing way better.

Argh!? You didn't use a TIM ?!!?

Well... that could explain the lousy temps with the fan ON!
The vibrations made the heatsink jump all over the core, with the fan OFF it would stay more still and possibly cool a little.

LOL! :p

Paxmax said:
Argh!? You didn't use a TIM ?!!?

Well... that could explain the lousy temps with the fan ON!
The vibrations made the heatsink jump all over the core, with the fan OFF it would stay more still and possibly cool a little.

LOL! :p

Wait what? Tim? I didn't say i didn't have it :p. I do have some. My problem is going though.

Back