• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti Banner Ad Rotation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, with this banner towards more science this time, where should we link to??

Home Page?? or TC's What is SETI@Home page?? i think TC's "What is SETI@Home page" might be better since this one giving out message saying 'bout the science of SETI@Home however, it's a bit reading there for those new visitors tho......IMHO

or may be just the Home page is good then. if so, i can go there and do some clean up job & make it more consistent w/ the other pages....

Yeah SETI Members! You got a banner ad up. I don't think us having a banner helped us very much. I think a much better plan would be to have a banner at another site because most of the people here know about Folding@Home and SETI. Just my oppinion.

LandShark said:
well, with this banner towards more science this time, where should we link to??

Home Page?? or TC's What is SETI@Home page?? i think TC's "What is SETI@Home page" might be better since this one giving out message saying 'bout the science of SETI@Home however, it's a bit reading there for those new visitors tho......IMHO

or may be just the Home page is good then. if so, i can go there and do some clean up job & make it more consistent w/ the other pages....

I think you should link it to TC's "What is SETI@Home" and at the bottom is a couple of links. Setting up a CLI Client, the forums, etc. It's a guarantee that everyone will know what it is, and get the instructions at the bottom!

Yodums

I like the idea of having one of the ads link to the main OC Seti Team page- but we DO have two left to work with, so I would think that there is not too big a rush to decideexactly how we implement the banner: the other ad is still new after all.

I also wonder if it can be trimmed down a bit more?
I'm not sure of just how critical the ad size is, but smaller = faster, especially for those on modems.
Maybe Red (the mini-gif pro:D ) can drop the size down more.

I like the ads so far, great job!

Makkarah said:
Decided to take a shot also, I know it's nothing that good but at least something. :)

lol i like that one too! you guys are doing great! your making very attractive banners! i hope they help you out! (while not hurting us of course!)

hallen said:

DMane- We ought to try a combined Folding/SETI ad and let people do the Pepsie test.:D

Harvey

lmao! well im not in control of that so i cant say if that would be a good idea, im pretty sure your just joking so im just gunna shut up now...

Man! I had not looked at this thread for about a day, and I am just amazed at the cool stuff you guys have come up with. All of them are awesome. I like the idea of maybe having three ads in rotation with one linked to our front page, one perhaps to my seti for beginners, and the third as it is now to the benchmark page. I think that would give us a good mixture.

i was trying to do it in Flash, more effect and should be smaller file size. however, i just can't open the photoshop native file, psd in Flash..... and can't even open it in LiveMotion (adobe's flash) neither.....:confused:

Back