• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sfv file O.o

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
Ok I have what i think is a disk image but the format is a bunch of files with numbered extensions and then an .sfv file. No2w I did some searching on google and I found how to make sfv files (which was useless) but I cant figure out how to burn it to a CD, anyone know how to do it? supposedly they are WinRAR archives but I havent found an option in winrar to join them back together or anything. Any help would be aprecciated.

can you post an example of one of the filenames?? WinRAR filenames usually end with .rar even the newest version uses filename.partxxx.rar , maybe you have some other file type.

rzr-tdsa.001 is an example of the filename, I was looking on filesoup.com (google result) and it said the .00x files were multipart archives and could be extracted with WinACE. I downloaded and tried it and it gave an error but I think it was from user error, the only thing im unsure about is how to join all the files into whatever they are supposed to make, and then burn a CD

With whatever archive prog that was used you should be able to double click the .001 file and extract the entire archive all the way up to .052 (funny how I knew that number huh??). It's been about a year or so since I've used WinACE, so not 100% sure on any new versions, but I seem to recall that WinACE parts are numbered with a .c0# extension. Did you download the free tool or the whole program??

I think its the free tool, got it from download.com was about 2.4 megs for winACE. and gee I wonder how you knew that number :p

so whatprogram do I use to extract them all? WinACE?

ok I used the joined and it owrked (after finding some runtime libraries >.>) but now all thats in the zip file is a .bin where is teh .cue? or can I make that some how?

Thanks for all the hlep so far btw :)

actually i have another problem.

The file that the joiner creates has no extension but I can open it but when I try to extract the file it asks for XXXXX.r00, so I change the extension fo the file to .r00 so then it asks for .r01 and so on, any thoughts on how to do this, or what program to extract the bin with?

If your file is .bin then you should be able to burn it with Nero using the instructions provided up two posts. Change the extension back to .bin and try one more time.

Back