• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shoot me. I want an iPhone.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
I can't really argue with the screen... and the performance... and the features... and the hardware... and the size... and the... GAH JUST GIVE ME ONE ALREADY.

I'm supposed to be a Apple hater. I feel like i'm betraying the cause. :/

Oh well. Off to the Apple store. Cya. (I wish. I'm broke right now... maybe later...)

Could always get an Android phone. You can overclock and mod them.

Could always get an Android phone. You might actually be able to afford one.

You can also use an Android phone to tether your iPad--something no iPhone can do.

I wanted an iPhone but couldn't afford it. Got an iPod touch 8GB and man I love it! Get free texts on my old phone anyway so it's pretty much perfect :D

Only problem is that the iPod broke but while it was working it was awesome! Sent it off, hopefully it won't cost me to much.

I hate the computers, the iPad and the iRon but they've got an amazingly good phone and mp3 player. Obviously jail break it.

tell ya what, a buddy of mine just picked up the nexus one (google phone) and i have to say, it rocks.

my next phone ill deff be one of the android flavor.

Well if you're broke, you can just wait for the competitors' response. It's not like the technology itself is revolutionary, it just hadn't been put into a phone until now. That being said, I'll be getting my iPhone on release day!

I just moved from the G1 (2 years of greatness) to the HTC Evo. The EVO has Flash, MWHAHAHAHHAHAH.

Flash will be the iPhone Killer.

Flash will be the iPhone Killer.

I really don't think so. Most flash apps aren't designed for a touch screen. Sure, you could use flash navigation menus and the like, but most websites replace all of that with mobile versions anyways.

What about the 2 GB data transfer limit a month? I was (briefly) looking at Iphones the other day and noticed that was about all they offered. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place?

I thought the 'Unlimited' plan had a 5GB soft cap. And there is an enterprise data plan but I don't know what that allows for. Do you really use that much data?

I thought the 'Unlimited' plan had a 5GB soft cap. And there is an enterprise data plan but I don't know what that allows for. Do you really use that much data?

At&t is changing the data plans around. $15 for 200mb or $25 for 2 gigs. First week I got my htc hero I burned through 2.4 gigs of data. Since then I average about 900mb-1 gig a month, mostly do to pandora.

I don't think i'd download THAT much data... but it's not too horrible if you go over. Just $10 a gig i think... i could handle that as i usually pull about 2gb down on a bad month. Maybe 2.5 on a really bad month...

I really don't think so. Most flash apps aren't designed for a touch screen. Sure, you could use flash navigation menus and the like, but most websites replace all of that with mobile versions anyways.

1) Yet......

2) Not true. 1.6 and above use Full Desktop Web Browser. I can do almost anything on my G1 that I can do on my desktop.... except Flash.

I won't know details for a few days on the EVO, till I get it.

As for Data, I was using Wifi Tether (Rooted G1) for 2 years. Never had a problem. I have even torrented, but its so slow, its really not worth it. One month I even tried to disconnect my house cable and try to just tether.... lol it was like going back to dial up.

IMO, the EVO kills the current iPhone. Now the next gen iPhone..... thats another story. I am neither fanboi particularly. I think the iPhone is a gorgeous piece of equipment, but I just don't like its imposed limitations, probably for the same reason I don't like Macs. Still, hardware wise, its beautiful. The EVO (and Verizon's Incredible) are the only real competition for the iPhone. The Nexus One is close though. Steve Jobs has said that the next gen iPhone will hold the Cellphone Crown for the next 7 years. We will see.

Can we really just start posting in the other thread? Would make things a bit simpler.

I can't really argue with the screen... and the performance... and the features... and the hardware... and the size... and the... GAH JUST GIVE ME ONE ALREADY.

I'm supposed to be a Apple hater. I feel like i'm betraying the cause. :/

Oh well. Off to the Apple store. Cya. (I wish. I'm broke right now... maybe later...)

Attachments

• sniper.gif
    sniper.gif
    96.6 KB · Views: 314
Back