• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shoot me. I want an iPhone.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have to say, I am not an apple lover in any way, and was very skeptical about getting an Iphone. However, I had an HTC 6800 with windows mobile5 and it was the worst device I've ever owned.

Since I have had the iphone (3gs 32gb) I have been mostly impressed with it. My only gripes are all software crippling by apple and the short battery life.
IE: no flash support, no ability to delete songs without hooking up to a computer, cannot run multiple apps like leaving a messenger type app running, no direct bluetooth printing, Itunes sucks.

I will try OS4 on my 3gs when it comes out, but will not upgrade to a 5g until I see what the competition comes out with first.

If you think you want one, but don't have the cash, I recommend you wait about a month or so until a lot of people dump their 3gs's and buy 4g's. I think you will be able to get a good used one for a reasonable price.

The thing that has me most impressed by the new one is probably the screen, and the camera... i can't get that on a 3GS :/

I'll just wait and see. My dad was thinking of buying me a laptop (as my last one died) but i might be able to talk him into upgrading my contract a bit early instead.... if i really decide i want this. The EVO looks nice too... though, at the same time, i'm not getting another winmo phone. My incite has been crap since i got it :/ Winmo 6.1 sucks. 6.5 is pretty bad too :/

The thing that has me most impressed by the new one is probably the screen, and the camera... i can't get that on a 3GS :/

I'll just wait and see. My dad was thinking of buying me a laptop (as my last one died) but i might be able to talk him into upgrading my contract a bit early instead.... if i really decide i want this. The EVO looks nice too... though, at the same time, i'm not getting another winmo phone. My incite has been crap since i got it :/ Winmo 6.1 sucks. 6.5 is pretty bad too :/

The Evo runs Android 2.1? Where does windows mobile come from? :O I think you have the Evo confused with the HD2 on T-Mobile.

Anyways if you're interested in the Evo, give it a test run. Sprint has a 30 day money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied. A month is more than enough time to decide whether a phone is right for you or not.

The Evo runs Android 2.1? Where does windows mobile come from? :O I think you have the Evo confused with the HD2 on T-Mobile.

Anyways if you're interested in the Evo, give it a test run. Sprint has a 30 day money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied. A month is more than enough time to decide whether a phone is right for you or not.

Haha, i know they'd never put winmo on a phone that awesome. I'm just saying that Winmo sucks in general. (at least in my experience)

I might try that out. Thanks for letting me know about that :)

Ok, I got my Evo today and BELIEVE the hype. I am coming from my G1 to the EVO. It really is that much of a difference. My buddy with the iPhone even says the EVO is better. It really depends on what comes with the new iPhone, but seriously. It was like moving from a phone to a Netbook. The browser is way more reponsive (Not sure if its the internet that is faster or if its the phone being faster.)

Having had the G1 for two years I can confidently say that this is the upgrade that Android needed. Although I can't compare it to a Nexus One (never had a chance to see one, Duh!), this phone is very solidly made. The Camera is beautiful, the sound quality is beautiful, the speed is beautiful. I guess that just means you have the battery to contend with. As soon as they come out with the extended battery, I will have it too.

Compared to the G1 its about as heavy, it is thinner, but its wider and taller. I think this was necessary to comfortably type on the screen. I don't think they missed anything on this phone, it even got a headset jack!

I got the iPhone 3GS and it's freaking amazing. You should definitely get the new iPhone 4.

Ok, I got my Evo today and BELIEVE the hype. I am coming from my G1 to the EVO. It really is that much of a difference. My buddy with the iPhone even says the EVO is better. It really depends on what comes with the new iPhone, but seriously. It was like moving from a phone to a Netbook. The browser is way more reponsive (Not sure if its the internet that is faster or if its the phone being faster.)

Having had the G1 for two years I can confidently say that this is the upgrade that Android needed. Although I can't compare it to a Nexus One (never had a chance to see one, Duh!), this phone is very solidly made. The Camera is beautiful, the sound quality is beautiful, the speed is beautiful. I guess that just means you have the battery to contend with. As soon as they come out with the extended battery, I will have it too.

Compared to the G1 its about as heavy, it is thinner, but its wider and taller. I think this was necessary to comfortably type on the screen. I don't think they missed anything on this phone, it even got a headset jack!

This. I picked one up from Wirefly.com for $140 (after $50 Bing cash back) to replace my iPhone 3G. I am very impressed with this Evo, and particularly the Android OS. This is an incredible smartphone, you might even say its magical.

I have to say, I am not an apple lover in any way, and was very skeptical about getting an Iphone. However, I had an HTC 6800 with windows mobile5 and it was the worst device I've ever owned.

Since I have had the iphone (3gs 32gb) I have been mostly impressed with it. My only gripes are all software crippling by apple and the short battery life.
IE: no flash support, no ability to delete songs without hooking up to a computer, cannot run multiple apps like leaving a messenger type app running, no direct bluetooth printing, Itunes sucks.

I will try OS4 on my 3gs when it comes out, but will not upgrade to a 5g until I see what the competition comes out with first.

If you think you want one, but don't have the cash, I recommend you wait about a month or so until a lot of people dump their 3gs's and buy 4g's. I think you will be able to get a good used one for a reasonable price.

5G might be a while...:D They don't have a 4G yet. Tho the theoretical speed of AT&T's 3G is faster then Sprint's 4G.

I just realized that the iPhone 4 is only 1mm thicker (less actually 4/10th of a millimeter) than my ZuneHD... and my ZuneHD is THIN.

Crap. This is a problem for me.

Where's that money i had laying around now.....

Lol, I'm an Android convert. Love my HTC Legend. The put it next to an iPhone and it makes an iPhone screen look crap. Very nice and bright, extremely clear.....

HTC have all the best Android phones right now. I'd have to say the Evo 4G, Desire, and then the Legend are the 3 best phones right now and they're all from HTC.

newbie here

Hello All
I am new in this forum.
I am very much glad that I joined this forum as I am a real gadget freak.
Very much excited to share my thoughts on new gadgets:D

It's okay, I betrayed the cause about 2 months ago when I was faced with a good offer on an iPhone 3GS. Never looked back as I was incredibly dissatisfied with my G1.

G1 sucks. Desire and Legend a both pretty good.

It's an okay phone if you actually realize it's about 2 years old. Compared to the new phones of course it sucks since it's outdated hardware. But if you root the phone and use Cyanogen 6 to use Froyo then it's still fairly decent. Froyo takes android phones to a whole new level. Too bad manufacturers won't upgrade most of the phones to it.

Yeah I rooted my Moto Droid a few days ago and upgraded to Froyo since I didn't want to wait for an OTA update. Its a big improvement over 2.1 in many ways...its just much much cleaner and more user-friendly. The point to take away with you is they are clearly working very hard to polish the system and interface, so it will keep getting better as the months go by. Also Verizon network >>>> ATT network

I think the ROM I installed oc'd the processor to 800mHz, which was a nice bonus as well.

Haven't managed to successfully make a gold card yet so unable to get root access on my phone, which sucks. I want to get Froyo + totally want to use one of those CPU overclocking apps. I like how it'll underclock the phone when the performance isn't required and overclock when it is.

Besides, this phone realls needs to be able to run apps off the SD card, have run out of space pretty much.

Back