• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I reattach my Hyper 212 Evo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cooler now reattached as I was changing to a new case. I probably should have taken a picture of the CPU as was in a shocking state. TIM everywhere! :bang head But all sorted now. :)

I used Arctic Silver 5 this time, and also clamped the cooler down tighter than before. Temps are a little better ambient, but vastly improved under load. I sat and watched Prime95 for about 15 minutes and eventually there was one point when it got just above 50c. :attn:

Link to the thread where I posted pics: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729496

Not a single CPU pic. Ohh well. I'm old too.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Don't the screws have a shoulder so they will stop when tight with the springs.

Thanks. I think the springs are just there to apply some resistance, making it easier to keep the cooler in place when fixing it to the motherboard. But yes, once you reach a certain distance, they pinch up. I didn't do this last time and left them a little looser.

Not a single CPU pic. Ohh well. I'm old too.

Sorry chief. :facepalm:

Lots of TIM had got in between the CPU and the PCB part of it. It took forever to get clean. Thankfully nothing got into the socket area on the motherboard.

Back