• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I trust Corsair again?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InsertNameHere

Registered
So my brother called me yesterday and told me the family pc wasn’t posting.

I took a look at it and one of the two sticks of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB sticks was not working in any of the two slots.

I’ve already initiated a refund. The question is whether to trust Corsair again. Or go with another brand. I’m a huge fan of Team Group RGB Delta kits.

I am actually going to be using the delta kit out of my main pc for know until I get the refund sorted.

I’m interested in getting a 16GB kit that work’s nicely with Aura Sync software. preferably a kit without any need for additional RGB software.

Thanks for your help.

I’ve used Corsair many times over the years for ram in many different systems and never had any issues.

You can always have a component fail regardless of who makes it. Just bad luck.

One thing about Corsair is that they do take care of their customers. And seem to be at the very top for that

I personally don't buy their high end models because they generally overprice them but I've used their value sticks many times for non gaming/oc computers with no problem I can think of. I wouldn't be concerned with quality because as said above it could happen with any of the brands.

It's as good as any other RAM nowadays. Support is good but their memory profiles are sometimes causing compatibility issues. Either way, memory modules have a lifetime warranty and are high quality as any other top memory brand on the market. I had no problems with my last 3 Corsair memory kits. One was Vengeance Pro RGB (review on the forums). I guess it's just a bad luck.

Thanks for your opinions
This isn’t the first Ram not I have owned from Corsair. I actually replaced the LPX 16GB kit I had with the RGB kit.

I had to take a corner off a fan but to my brother it was totally worth it.

I’m thinking to try them again the only reason I might not is because of the problems with aura sync. It took me hours to figure out how to get everything working correctly.

And changing to the Delta RGB kit has caused aura to stop working again. But that’s a totally different Topic.

Back