• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show your phenom support!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't hardly wait to get hold of couple of Budapest's or Agena's w/ a 2 socket R790 board and start benching the sucker. I hear a lot of rumors that Monday will be an avalanche of benchmarks putting AMD on the front seat. I mean, I don't think any Intel counterpart can match this sucker (clock of clock) for a good while to come. And Ed has to find excuses for his blunder(s).

Well afaik it still only tops at 3G sometime next year so it better be 30% faster than Penryn at same speed to be in the first seat, Neha comes in a year and it still takes some time for AMD to put out faster K10.
So the window is much smaller than what C2D had, they had 18 months till a competing architecture comes and another few till normal steppings appear.

I guess other people have to find excuses as well for like the 30K 3DM score.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=735

finally some decent reporting at the home page. :)
Although I don't like the guy because he is bias toward Intel(his website color is blue and is an indication), he can not help it but stay in course. The new stepping is much better performer and he is just admitting to the fact in an indirect way. Gary Key an anandtech hardware reveiwer is giving us the hint to that effect and the truth will prevail on Monday.

I don't get it. When Intel first introduced conroe (C2D) it was @ low clock and no one was complaining about it. Intel gradually ramped up the frequency, and that's what AMD will do. But people just not willing to give AMD same chance or credit for it's new architecture.
I tell you this: AMD's Barcelona (Phenom) Architecture is much more creative and revolutionary than what Intel did. C2D's mostly depends on cache for performance and it's dual or quad is inferior to AMD's, because all Intel did was to tweak an old architecture (Pentium6, M or whatever it was) , add large cache and glue the cores together. I rather go w/ a company that endeavors for state of art technology and dares to take risk in unknowns, and experiment with revolutionary ideas that then, can be put to practce in real world.

found something interesting on my rss of anandtech... headline reads "AMD's Quadcore: defending new found territory". But no article :(

I don't get it. When Intel first introduced conroe (C2D) it was @ low clock and no one was complaining about it. Intel gradually ramped up the frequency, and that's what AMD will do. But people just not willing to give AMD same chance or credit for it's new architecture.
I tell you this: AMD's Barcelona (Phenom) Architecture is much more creative and revolutionary than what Intel did. C2D's mostly depends on cache for performance and it's dual or quad is inferior to AMD's, because all Intel did was to tweak an old architecture (Pentium6, M or whatever it was) , add large cache and glue the cores together. I rather go w/ a company that endeavors for state of art technology and dares to take risk in unknowns, and experiment with revolutionary ideas that then, can be put to practce in real world.

Cause as AMD ramps up clocks so will Intel, it's gonna be damn difficult to get the crown if the opponent holds 30% clockspeed advantage.

K10 will definitely get them out of the financial problems with good pricing in midrange not mentioning the lowend dual and slower K10 for cheap in china. Honestly they shouldn't really are about trying to kill Intel's top procs what many expects.
Grab china and the midrange west and they have the world.

I wonder when Nehalem comes out what will you say about new arch and about the glued amd 8 cores and fusions, bulldozers. ;)

Cause as AMD ramps up clocks so will Intel, it's gonna be damn difficult to get the crown if the opponent holds 30% clockspeed advantage.

K10 will definitely get them out of the financial problems with good pricing in midrange not mentioning the lowend dual and slower K10 for cheap in china. Honestly they shouldn't really are about trying to kill Intel's top procs what many expects.
Grab china and the midrange west and they have the world.

I wonder when Nehalem comes out what will you say about new arch and about the glued amd 8 cores and fusions, bulldozers. ;)
Well, I think so too, that China/Central Asia are looking toward AMD these days.
About Nehalem- That's a long way from now and by then AMD is into Dozer mode. Intel's biggest problem is integrated memory and Hypertransport and I don't think it can produce Nehalem on time or anytime soon. Intel is not capable of producing IMC or Integrated dual/quad CPU's, it has already admitted it (saying the chip will be an enormous size and impractical). Before singing Nehalem, Intel is crying "how to" for now.:bday:

Well, I think so too, that China/Central Asia are looking toward AMD these days.
About Nehalem- That's a long way from now and by then AMD is into Dozer mode. Intel's biggest problem is integrated memory and Hypertransport and I don't think it can produce Nehalem on time or anytime soon. Intel is not capable of producing IMC or Integrated dual/quad CPU's, it has already admitted it (saying the chip will be an enormous size and impractical). Before singing Nehalem, Intel is crying "how to" for now.:bday:

True, it will be a drastic jump for Intel to go to quad/FSB to quad/HT Bus. I just dont see stable, well clocking versions too soon. AMD will be building off of native quad architecture, helping further the quality of stepping for Bulldozer. It will be a very exciting year for 2008 :) I personally cant wait to see AMD's Fusion processing architecture.

i wonder if intel will be going native or sticking to stacking cores with a ducktape(instructions...)
I still would suspect that intel and amd have both been payed out.
and Either way, SSE5 will provide kick *** performance.

anyhow... more reporting on the matter:
and im going to take the liberty of saying it, I TOLD YOU SO.

the power of politics :)

http://techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=441&pgno=0

anyhow... more reporting on the matter:
and im going to take the liberty of saying it, I TOLD YOU SO.

the power of politics :)

http://techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=441&pgno=0

What exactly is your point? That NDA was made by AMD which would have effectively guaranteed them good reviews on a product even if it wasn't good. That NDA would give them (AMD) the ability to veto any article that they did not approve for 5 years! To me, that sounds like the move of a very insecure company. :(

What exactly is your point? That NDA was made by AMD which would have effectively guaranteed them good reviews on a product even if it wasn't good. That NDA would give them (AMD) the ability to veto any article that they did not approve for 5 years! To me, that sounds like the move of a very insecure company. :(

Yeah, it only applied to the journalists attending the event.

Has no control over the slew of articles and benchmarks you'll see next week. I'm sure not all of them will "approve".

Nothing new about NDA's. Companies have been using them for ages. And no one forced anyone to sign; they could easily have waited to learn more about their products once released into the wild. Signing was a stipulation of attending the event, and getting a look at unreleased products and previously undisclosed technology. It's the kind of information that pretty much any company would want to protect.

I really don't see why anyone is getting worked up about this. :confused:

Of course, was just responding that there were really no "politics" involved in that article cited at all. And at worst it painted AMD in a negative light whereas it was supposed to prove some unknown point.

That article only exists anyways because news outlets are stretching for anything to report due to all these NDAs.

When we talk of power, we talk of a certain ability, and the extent to which that ability is portrayed.

there doesnt have to be "talk" of politics in an article, to be able to see, understand, and comprehend the politics behind it.

what this means is that anyone is able to draw logical conclusions on the matter

the question is, which logic is the most soulless?... :)

This thread has been edited to include an NDA posted by the OP. Please sign and put it in the basket on your way out.

phenom1.jpg

I hope you read the news today. ;) :santa:

Back