• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silent fans for 690 II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terminatez

I want some silent fans that don't have any LEDs for my 690 II.

Preferably 4 120mm Silent and 2 140mm Silents.

I been reading reviews that xigmatek has some good ones but I want others opinions in this one :)

How much are you looking to spend per fan? Since you can definitely spend a pretty penny on high quality case fans.

No not really, I don't have a price range since I can spend w.e I want on them..
I think I might just get those cougars :D

No not really, I don't have a price range since I can spend w.e I want on them..
I think I might just get those cougars :D

Awesome choice. :thup: I'd like to know how they work for you in case I decide to go along with my build idea. I wanna know how good they are.

Ok ill keep you updated for they might come maybe like aroudn wednesday or thursday :)

Ok sure guys :)

I need you guys for help on the way to set it up now. I have 2 options, one on how it currently is set up,
3 fans exhaust, 2 top 1 rear.
4 fans intake, 1 front, 2 bottom, 1 side.
Heres a pic: nyb9yt.png.jpg
My concern with this one is if there is an exhaust (the blue fan on top right)
wouldn't that fan be stealing most of the cool air that should be going into the Hyper212+ CPU?

Also this is my second option which I'm asking if it will work.
Here the pic: 2z677g6.png.jpg

With that one, its exactly the same except instead of the exhaust on the top, I can have the top right side fan put intake to the Hyper 212+ and leave the left socket top fan empty so that air can escape on its own without a fan.

Ive got 2 690IIs and I have to say in general I dont like bottom intake setups. They gather dust so much faster than a top down intake schema.
In my main rig Im running 2x 140mm intakes at the top, 1x 120mm exhaust on the rear, 2x 140mm exhaust in the bottom, and 1x 140mm intake in the front.

Hot air rises when completely still. It however doesnt take much airflow to eliminate that factor. If you dont want to do a top intake bottom exhaust your option 2 looks better. Having nice cool air for your HS to push through will make a difference.

...in general I dont like bottom intake setups. They gather dust so much faster than a top down intake schema...

+1, same here. My main rig sits on carpet so it is constantly pulling in dust, I simply don't use the bottom intake anymore(low rpm), zero effect on cooling.

Last edited:
Actually from what I noticed on my 2 bottom intakes is my graphics card runs cooler...very cool. 6970 btw.

Also would this be a great idea...
read and top 2 on intake, with the cpu cooler blowing air to the left, and the 2 bottom and front makeing it exhaust?

So a top/back in to front/bottom exhaust? that should work quite well actually.

Only thing that it will cause will be dust unless i put a dust filter in the read exhaust huh?
Hmm.. Still thinking here. You have any other ideas?

Back