• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Since I'm dumb how much effort and possibility is it to run 2133Mhz DDR3 at 2666

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

I've got this stuff
0GFYxob.jpg

Is it even possible to run this stuff at 2666 and if so how likely am I to kill it.

DDR3 2133
Timing 10-12-12-31

It is certainly possible... not likely to kill it.

May need to add some voltage to reach there... but its all about testing. See how far stock voltage and timings can take you, then add either voltage or loosen the timings. Rinse and repeat until you reach your goal.

My 2133 G.Skill Snipers run comfortably just shy of 2500 and they are considered a "lower grade" than the Ripjaws X.

Capture.PNG

Ain't happening on AMD FX.
You're lucky you're getting 2133.

^This. The IMC on the chip is a weak spot for FX. I had to jump through hoops getting the rated 1866 MHz on a M5A99FX Pro (FX 6350), and ended up dropping back to 1600 MHz because it just wouldn't get stable no matter how many volts I threw at the mobo NB, the CPU NB, or the vDIMM. I did get 1866 MHz out of RipjawsX on a Asus 970 Pro, but that was as far as it would go with the FX 8350.

edit: All of which was with RipjawsX. One 4x2 kit and one 4x4 kit.

Last edited:
I was able to run memory up to 2800+ on FX ... it doesn't change fact that above 2400 wasn't really stable and above 1866 performance gain was barely visible. Because of IMC and FX architecture, it's much better idea to keep it at 1866-2133 and try to tighten the timings to cover slow access time.
On Intel this memory should run at 2666, just matter of timings. I don't think that voltage past 1.7V will help much. Can try 11-13-13 or 11-14-13 as on these settings any IC that can make 2666 at least will boot.

I'd love to have a week to sit down and get after some memory OC with an FX platform and some good RAM like I did with my current rig. Unfortunately the only FX chip left is in my girlfriend's daily driver and blowing up her OS would net me all manner of Bad Things. My daughter came and got her FX 6350 rig and the only DDR3 i have is some Nanya 1300 MHz for my backup rig and Thuban/Deneb benching.

Back