• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Single or Dual pump question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CheeseOven

Hello everyone!
This is my 1st post here. I have 2 gpu's in a waterblock. i have 2x 120mm rads cooling them in my haf 922 case. I am also putting a waterblock on my CPU now and I'm adding more rads. A 240mm for the top and a Phobya Xtreme 200mm rad at the front. I am wondering if My EK Pump/Bay combo will runs this through. It has a pump, but it's not strong. it's actually 400lph. Which isn't great. Will i be able to run 2x 120mm rads, 240mm rad, 200mm rad and 3 block (gpus and cpu) with that pump?

Pump/reservoir I have:

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-...umps/ek-bay-dcp-2-2-combo-unit-incl-pump.html

If it ain't strong enough, can i add this pump as it is exactly the same?:

I'd put it halfway through my loop and I'd have 2x 400Lph pumps running. I also don't want to stress my single pump to much, It MUST NOT die on me.
Thanks guys!!! ;D
:attn:

Parallel the radiators so the pressure drop doesn't become too much. Other than that, you won't "overload" a pump.

Parallel the radiators so the pressure drop doesn't become too much. Other than that, you won't "overload" a pump.

The radiators are the lowest pressure drop components in the loop...
Even some fittings have more pressure drop than the "quiet edition" radiators.

OP, I would look into getting a DDC pump or going with dual DCP pumps.

Looks like you could starve the second pump for water like that.
Run from the pump/res combo outlet to the inlet of the second pump, then to the CPU block.

As long as the reservoir is feeding pump 1 then that's exactly what I meant!

As long as the reservoir is feeding pump 1 then that's exactly what I meant!

Hey, 1 more question, Should i connect everything like 1 or 2?

1: Pump-CPU-240MM (these are rads)-120MM-GPUs(2x 7970 w/ek supremacy universal waterblock)-120MM-200MM-pump

2: Pump-240mm-cpu-120mm-GPUs-120mm-200mm-pump

Basically, Will should i route to the 200mm AND the 240mm for the CPU or would the 200mm be enough to cool my cpu and let the 240mm help cool the GPUs, since they are more power hungry. My cpu is a 3930K @4.5ghz @1.320V.

thanks! :D

Which ever configuration will use the least tubing will be best.
The change in water temperature throughout the loop will stabilize after using it a while
So loop order doesn't matter except that the res should be before the pump(s)

Or ask ek if you can replace tht dcp2.2 with a 4.0. It has 800lph and 4m head pressure if i'm correct. That should be enough.

Back