• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Skylake Z170 build issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stueybuk

This is my full build http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ffms4D

This machine is constantly crashing and won't boot most of the time. I get 10's of different BSOD's.

I'm leaning towards a memory compatibility issue with the motherboard but can't solve the problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Stu.

Thanks Earthdog, I have flashed the BIOS to the latest verion. Didn't make any difference.

Please share what you have tried so we are not spinning our wheels. :)

That said, at this point you need to start swapping out parts... Memory, PSU, etc. Have you tried a single DIMM in the proper slot? The other DIMM in that slot? Perhaps run without the 750Ti and use onboard?

Pretty much all of the above, I reoved the gpu completely, put 1 stick of ram in slot A1 removed cmos battery and held down power switch and it actually booted and was on for about 10 mins. Rebooted and same issues again. I have tried different memory slots and 1 stick or 2. I have double checked that the processor is in correctly.
Think that's about it so far.

I would look at the memory and the motherboard in that case. Are your memory sticks on the QVL list (of course, they don't have to be to work, but if they are not, I would focus in there first)?

The corsair ram is listed on the ASUS site as compatible but it only seems to mention the 4x4gb set as oppoesed to the 2x8 that I have. Although scan computers are selling a pre built pc with the same components I have which is what I based my build on. I notice that the mobo drops the ram speed to 2133mhz but also drops the voltage and timings. I would like to try and set the timings manually but am not sure how.

That is typical of boards to drop down to 2133 and 1.2v (JEDEC standard). Considering this is lower that stock, it should be fine... which is why they do that.

You can try to raise the voltage on the DRAM and perhaps try the System Agent (SA) as well (go up by .1).

Thanks for your input EarthDog, I will give that a try and see how I go. If not, you reckon I need different Ram ?

Back