• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sleeper HTPC/Gaming rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gsrcrxsi

So I've had this Antec Remote Fusion case for a while. It was used as a relatively low power HTPC running windows 7 media center. WMC became less and less useful as i removed my cable service and WMC removed native Netflix support. So i started gaming with it, slowly adding better hardware. I like the case and the sleeper look, and it fits well into a home theater setup.

It got to the point that i needed to start modifying and cutting sections of the case out, mainly to fit larger graphics cards. but i decided to cut more to fit some planned AIO water cooling.

Here is the most recent iteration:

Antec Fusion Remote
Corsair CX750M PSU
Asus ROG STRIX Z270G
i7-7700k 4.2GHz (for now)
EVGA 240mm AIO CPU liquid cooler
16GB GeIL Evo X 3200MHz
EVGA GTX 1060 FTW2
250GB Samsung 850 Evo
2x 2TB WD Green

cutting out the fan grills to increase airflow through the radiator
ee8KHKM.jpg
UObpD2n.jpg

AIO installed, has to be done prior to board install otherwise i can't access the fan/rad screws
5vMThi8.jpg

more cutting on the partitions to fit the AIO tubes, and you can also see the cutout for the GPU card.
45GO70u.jpg

everything installed with a little bit of cable management. i was glad that i could run the 8-pin CPU power cable and fan wires under the MB out of the way.
PM8hhvK.jpg
LZvYfNN.jpg
HK3Q3UW.jpg

you might notice that the RAM is installed in single channel (B1 and B2). unfortunately my open box Asus MB came defective with the ram channels A1 and A2 non functional. I checked for bent pins on the slots and CPU to no avail. even tried updating the BIOS. the system wont POST if anything is installed in A1 or A2. i've ordered a replacement. everything works totally fine with ram in B1 and B2 though. installed windows and all my programs.

ive been torturing the system at stock with Prime95 and FurMark running simultaneously, CPU is getting hammered around 85C max temps. (GPU is fine around 75C with 40% fan speed) definitley going to have to de-lid this chip and most likely upgrade to a custom water loop (CPU only) that i'll make in a similar design to an AIO.

Nice lil sleeper you have there , My lil bro has that case as it fit perfectly in his entertainment system , but yours has way more Power =) his is a old AMD x4 chip using onboard gfx .

That's sharp work. Well played!

BTW I'm blind in one eye because industrial whizzer(cutoff) wheel and I was actually wearing safety glasses(auto mechanic). It takes one tiny fragment...

i know. I should be more careful but i'm stubborn. I even have some history with eye injury

got shot in the eye with a BB gun when i was 16, and had surgery even. still have pretty good vision in my injured eye though.

Back