• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI cable length for MSI Z87-G45?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ALIENZ!

Registered
Just picked up a second 780 for my setup, but MSI didn't include an SLI cable with the motherboard, so I'm kind of stuck at the moment. I've seen a few different SLI cables at Fry's, but I'm not sure which length to get. Will I be okay with a 3" cable, or should I go with a 4.5"?

Just put the second card in and measure, then you'll know exactly.

It's weird that your board didn't come with a bridge, I thought it was pretty much mandatory that a board that supports SLI come with SLI bridges.

It's weird that your board didn't come with a bridge, I thought it was pretty much mandatory that a board that supports SLI come with SLI bridges.

Exactly, you SHOULD have got an SLI bridge with the board.
Maybe contact your reseller to check with them before buying anything ?

Exactly, you SHOULD have got an SLI bridge with the board.
Maybe contact your reseller to check with them before buying anything ?

From what I've heard, MSI doesn't include SLI cables with their motherboards, and I bought the board back in 2013, so I doubt I'd get one for it now. I ended up picking up a SLI cable from Fry's for under $10.

From what I've heard, MSI doesn't include SLI cables with their motherboards, and I bought the board back in 2013, so I doubt I'd get one for it now. I ended up picking up a SLI cable from Fry's for under $10.

We do provide SLI bridges with all our SLI capable motherboards.
Some early Z87 batch didn't have them but for those we use to provide SLI bridge for free on request.

Back