• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dragonstorm2254

Registered
I Got the M4A78T-E MoBo. current specs in sig. i really REALLY want to run SLI how can this be done? everything i have found for this board is Xfire.
Also i cant find a board for sli that is AM3 with DDR3. Can anyone help? I also want to get the 955 cpu.

If you see "A" in the name it is their AMD chipset mobo that can run 1 NVIDIA VGA maximum. With "N" is NVIDIA chipset mobo that can run more then one NVIDIA cards in SLI with the right chipset and ofc 2 or more PCI-E X16 slots.
There is no AM3/DDR3/SLI mobo yet, but there will be soon it seems. But you don't really need DDR3. Look at this ASUS mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131383

i have been looking into that board but wont i take a proformance hit by going ddr2 from what im at now? and im also thinking should i stay with the card i have because of the new gtx380 coming soon

Any decent DDR2@1066 CL5 will beat that setup of yours, 1333MHz CL8. But most likely you will notice no difference...

lol. that sounded a little mean.lol.. what should i run with that would be good? and will a AM3 955 fit in the m4n82 MoBo

Last edited:
Back