• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slippery screwdrivers and heat sinks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

four4875

well as i was putting the heat sink back on my CPU in my server, i had a catastrophe. slippery screw driver and 3 cut traces. so after i eat my spaghetti-Os, i will head back up there to take the system apart and pop out the mobo tray. i will attempt to use a technique using a razor blade to keep the solder from running to solder the traces back. wish me luck, and if all goes well, i will have pics hosted on the server, and a step by step guide. and the microwave is beeping, so i'll hopefully post back here later.

you crazy mofo, lol, good luck, hope it works if not RMA it if you can :)

You can eat at a time like this?

lol I practicly hyperventilate when I kill somthing (only happend once but though I have been close lots of times), but that is probably just cuz I can almost never afford a new mobo or other piece of Hardware.

I am really curious to see how this repair works out.

i got tired of lookin at the board after the soldering iron burned my fragile little finger. razor blade heats up, need to add solder, and hold the iron. and i only have 2 hands... :-| and i did it yesterday, was ****ed and didnt even go into my room till i was goin to sleep. didnt wanna look at the antec containing the dead asus, and the dead socket 7 board (the one i am attempting to fix) and with bein able to afford new hardware, i quit my job earlier today. i had to take a break. and i love spaghettios, too :)

CrashOveride said:
You can eat at a time like this?

lol I practicly hyperventilate when I kill somthing (only happend once but though I have been close lots of times), but that is probably just cuz I can almost never afford a new mobo or other piece of Hardware.

I am really curious to see how this repair works out.
lol. same here. i get so ****ed when i break something or it's doa.

i dont get ****ed, i get like depressed sorta, and go outside or somethin. thats what i did the day it died. and after burnin myself a few times, i gave up on the board. it's only a socket 7 board.. lol. i need to pick up another from SOMWHERE. or not have a server runnin any more. and my main system has been dyin alot lately. between the A7N8X dying, my 2100 and a few other things, i've just gotten numb of it. now that im thinkin of it, ima go check the mail for my BIOS chip for the asus.

Back