• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-947 at a sweet price!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmat

Registered
At www.svc.com:

"Thermalright SLK-947(u) Bolt On Socket A and Pentium 4 Heatsink
Due to popular demand, the 947(u) is available for $19.99 with no limit
on quantity. Get yours while you still can!"

Kind of wierd for my first post, but I love this heatsink for the price. And this site, and all the great users on it, have helped me with building my first 2 machines. So, I thought I'd post to share some recent info for anyone looking for a new heatsink.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

And wow...that is one steal of a deal. Maybe I should replace my SLK-900a? Would it be worth it?

Thanks for the welcome.

It's a really good heatsink for my Barton 2500+ (although, admittedly, I don't have it overclocked too much). My first build I started with a Thermaltake Silent Boost. I figured it would be easier to deal with a fan/sink combo for my first time. And it worked OK, but once I did my second build with the SLK-047U and a panaflo fan (thanks to the recommendations of users in the forums), it was a really big difference (and ironically, less noisy then the "Silent Boost"--to me anyway.) Dropped my temps about 5 degrees at full load.

Hello

Wellcome to the forum. I bought the SLK-947, 2-months and it works fine with mine, I am running my [email protected] and temps are:
37-40C CPU / 36-40C Chipset. It was a pain to put in because you need to get the mobo out though. It is big and it looks good, and I have a nice 92mm Tornado in it.
I just ordered another one today for a new PC I am building.

Thanks

Daniel

tis why i keep $100 cash as often as possible. (hard to do when it takes 6 months to make $100)

that way, when a good deal comes around, i can jump on it. Sadly, i dont have a need for such a heatsink...just a stock 900mhz compatable hsf. poo.

i wonder how well it would stand up to my sp-97? maybe a test is a good reason...but what would i do with it then?

It's slightly inferior to the SP97, from reviews I've read. The problem with this HS is that, because of its 947U(niveral) gargantuan base, it doesn't fit a lot of motherboards.

ARGH! Just days ago I spent $29 at SVC! The next thing I know Memory will go down in price by 33%.

WOOHOO, I was dusting my desk and found $15 stashed under my monitor with just enough time to run to the bank and deposit it.

mmmk. Maybe i should stash some of my sisters money under my monitor...and find it when i move! lol

Back