• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slow running 8120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acuradude

ok guys im pretty sure this isnt the right section but i couldnt figure out where to put it!!!

but heres my problem for a little over a week now the system in my sig has been running really slow ive deactivated all the back ground apps and everything but it still even lags just by moving the mouse before the computer never lagged no matter what i threw at it it would zip threw everything without problem. but now anything and everything lags beyond belief even my dual core back seems faster than this and it dont have an ssd.

so if yall could help me out i would greatly appreciate it thanks in advance!!!!!!!

When you move the mouse, it's choppy?

I'm thinking maybe a display issue... Do you have another graphics card you can use to test?

no i dont have a back up card that i can test it with and yes its choppy but everything is laggy

I would,

A)Run Memtest or another program that can test your memory,

B)Run a diagnostics program on your SSD,

C)If all of that comes out ok do a reinstall because you probably have a driver conflict or corrupted system file.

My bet is on A or C. One of your dimms might be going bad and that might do it. Likewise you could have a driver conflict, especially if you recently changed a piece of hardware, and that could definitely cause problems.

Edit - I would advise using Ultimate Boot CD to run the tests so you can remove the OS from the equation.

ok cool thanks for the help ill try those the min i get some free time thank you

problem fixed but the ssd is running slower than normal but im working on that

Back