• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small form-factor Mobos for LGA 1155

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cubusmedusa

Registered
Hi,
I am fed up with my big bulky case hence I would like to put my gear into a (as small as possible) case (which has yet to be found).
Therefore I would like to put my current components onto a small Motherboard. Except the RAMs. I can also live with 2 slots dual channel - i dont necessarily need 4 slots.
The only important thing would be to have a board that has good powersupply/VRMs to be able to run a good 24/7 overclock.
Are there any mini-ITX boards capable of doing that or do I have to go for µATX? Any recommendation is welcome!

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. I will have a look at them. Did I get it right that with my 2600K I can use the Z77 chipset but cannot take advantage of the PCIe 3.0?

Just in case you guys have some more suggestions - I skipped the mITX option since it would only make sense if I make use of a mITX case. But due to too few options, a non-modular PSU and a triple slot graphics card I have to go for slightly larger cases. So I would rather go for µATX, also because there are more options available. I had a look at the Formula V Gene and the P8Z77-M Pro. Formula IV is not available any more (as far as I could see). Is that a good choice or any other suggestions?

Edit: The Asrock Fatality Z77 prof-M ?

Last edited:
All good choices. I would go for this one... ASRock Z77 Pro4-M... great bang for the buck!

Ok, thanks. so if there are no more options I will have to decide between the
Asrock Extreme 4-M
Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
Asrock Fatality Z77 Professional-M
Asus Maximus V Gene and
Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3
Asus P8Z77-M Pro
Asus P8Z68-M Pro

Last edited:
Any/all would work fine. Personally, I would go with the cheapest option that has the features and looks you are after.

Back