• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small google problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

I have a little problem with google. I guess you could call it a problem? So figured id post on here to see if anyone could help me out.

I work a good ways out in the gulf, roughly a 3 hour helicopter ride from fouchon LA. Google has always worked just fine, never had any issues. For some reason this time around everytime I try to pull up google I am automatically re-directed to a spanish version and it shows google.es in the brower bar. Thinking it was just a thing with my computer I tried on my phone as well with the same results.

Im assuming google can now determine location and route you to the page with the correct language for your location or similar?

Does anyone know if theres is a way around this or a fix? Its getting old having to "switch to english" every time I search for something.

Specify your preferred location

If you're seeing the incorrect location when you search, you can change your location on your computer or tablet.

Click the gear icon then Search Settings on any search results page. [Alternately, you can update your settings by visiting google.com/preferences.]
Click Location on the left side of the page.
Enter a street address, zip code, city and state, or country in the box that appears.
Click Save to update your location setting for this computer or tablet.

Back