• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small SG13 case concerned with too much tension on motherboard from AIO cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blawrenceg

This is my first PC build. I am using a tiny Silverstone SG13 case. I have installed a corsair h80i V2. I hate the V2 because the tubes come straight up the top of the cooling brick instead of the sides. I have a small sfx power supply, but even still I feel like they are adding some strain to the motherboard as they are twisted and turned into a small space. It's not a ridiculous amount of tension, but it is definitely more than if I had a few extra inches to work with. Most of the force would basically be from the cooling brick pulling up on one side more than the other because of the position of the tubes. Again it's not a lot, everything fits, nothing is kinked, but it does feel crammed.

Is this something I should be concerned about? I am thinking of finding an older model with the side mounted tubes, but I am on a bit of a time crunch and would prefer not to if it isnt really a problem?

Thanks for your help everyone!

Friend, if motherboards can hold a huge air cooler, it wont have an issie with tension on a block mounted there. :)

Back