• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

belorsch

Folding Monk
Well I broke open my piggy bank and bought a replacement for my old Radeon HD 7750. I'm hoping it will move me up to page 2 before the end of the year.
Happy Weekend and Fold On!

Obligatory Pics:
IMG_2107.jpg
IMG_2108.jpg

I did the cpu slot edit options for packet size and client type. Any else I should do?

Old man mistake, I meant gpu and thanks. This thing is a beast compared to my old card but I might have to toggle back the folding power to medium(for summer) because of temps. It hit a high of 80c yesterday and is currently running at 77c. I'm going to have to look into cooling options.

I might have to toggle back the folding power to medium(for summer) because of temps. It hit a high of 80c yesterday and is currently running at 77c. I'm going to have to look into cooling options.

I don't know what brand your card is but if it can support Precision X from EVGA, then set it up like mine.

fancurve.jpg

I've seen on all GPU's that the fans don't automatically adjust the fan speed, from my screen shot you can see my 980 Ti at 60c, if I did not have Precision X running, the temp would be a lot higher.

The card is Nvidia FE. I wanted to get something and didn't want to wait so it is what was available.

It looks like Precision XOC is for 1070 and 1080 but you need a login in to download it.
Edit#2: Ok I've downloaded and installed.

Last edited:
I got precision XOC running and stepped up the fan speed. Not sure how to make up a profile in it yet but I will work on it. I will give afterburner a try if Precision doesn't work out. Thanks
Well I broke 5 mil today and I wasn't supposed with my old card until sometime in August. Time to celebrate. :soda:

Very awesome. Looks like the new gear is really going to be a boon for the folding crowd.

Back