• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So i got myself a PS2 couple of questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baqai

Grrrrrrr !!! i am a total pc gamer but argh this stupid game made me go and buy a ps2 for myself .. yes i am talking about grand trismo 4 which is about to come in december ... plus i loved gt3 .. so lets not go into discussion of why i bought it :p

couple of things i want to ask

• i noticed usb connectores can i hookup my thrust master force feedback usb wheel to it?
  • same question goes for the usb mouse i have
  • the games i got were driver3, gt3 and burnout 3 ( all racing games i know ) any other games you can suggest ( i already have a pretty decent gaming pc so suggest those which are not available on pc )

I can't answer the USB questions, but as for Burnout 3...I have heard nothing but praise about that game online and gaming mags, thinking of getting it myself.

Another racing gmae to get if you don't have it for the pc would be Need For Speed Underground.

i bought burnout 3 not because i knew it was a tight game .. but to play need for speed underground 2 demo ( sheeesh talk about being impatient lol ) :D

if only someone can answer my usb answer .. dun wanna screw my wheel or ps2 coz of experiementation ...

your mouse will probably work as will a keyboard but a joystick fuhgeddaboudit. I REALLY suggest you go and get the Madcatz GT universal steering wheel :clap: (49.99 at Wal-Mart)(works with X-box, PS2 and Gamecube) it makes Grand Turismo 10x more fun. Also, since it works with X-box, you can get an adaptor (X-box to USB) and make it work with the PC (X-box joystick too), if you can find drivers.

okay i think i just blew away my wheel by plugging it in :( :banghead: :banghead: it had light and than it went away than i plugged it back to pc and light is not coming any more :( :( :( so much for doing some experiementation .. argh now m not going to plugin a mice to check even ..

I would have waited for the new 'smaller' PS2 to come out before buying one... But thats me. I'm looking forward to San Andreas so that would be the only reason I would buy a PS2.

I suggest getting GTA3 and GTA Vice City (In that order as one evolves to the other), it may not be a racing simulation, but its a good life-like driving simulation. I've spent years on GTA just because its the closest gaming experience to driving in real streets.

Im looking forward to GT4 too, that should satisfy my realism/simulation needs

If you do the RPG thing, check out Final Fantasy X and X2. Those are supposed to be great.

You could also check out Resident Evil: Outbreak, if that's your thing, but iirc, it requires the PS2 HD

Oni said:
If you do the RPG thing, check out Final Fantasy X and X2. Those are supposed to be great.

You could also check out Resident Evil: Outbreak, if that's your thing, but iirc, it requires the PS2 HD
Honestly, do not waste your money on X-2. X-2 was so easy that you could probably tap random buttons and beat the entire thing.

Outbreak was honestly a good concept but failed miserably.

All in all, ps2 was a weak system to choose as Xbox has a lot more adult genre type of games such as Ninja Gaiden, Fable, etc. and has much better online support BUT for PS2 I reccommend trying out FFX, MK: Deadly Alliance and the upcoming MK: Deception, and other "small" RPGS such as Suikoden III or Star Ocean. Really, the PS2 has a lot larger line up than GC and Xbox but I find them of lower quality and it seems that the PS2 is losing franchises day by day.

Japanesse style RPGs are the the PS2's strongest genre, if you are into them go for FF and a multitude of other franchises.

Other then GT4 and GTA, you might want to rent Dexter and Jak/Jak II. They are quality games. You might want to buy them as they are cheap now too, but if you should rent first so you don't get mad at me (for spending the dough) if you don't like them;)

Nice job lucking into Burnout 3. Its one of the best titles of the year IMO. Its just 100% fun. Best arcade racer to date.

Viewtiful Joe is a great game in the action/platformer sense.

Devil May Cry is a really good game and cheap as heck.

I agree with Tat, that there are a ton of games for the PS2, but there are a ton of low quality games so do your homework to sift through the trash for the gems. Pretty much like any system, don't buy on impulse:)

Back