• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer build - I need suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aggeluska

Registered
Hello guys , I am new to this Forum and I would like some help for my next computer build.

Firstly I would like to tell you that my budget is around 500 Euro. Ok it could be also 550 or 600 euro if we can change something on it that its really better than other options .

At this point I would like to say that I like playing games on my PC and it would be nice if with that budget, I can have a PC that I can play games in high quality graphics.

I made myself a built and I want you to have a look at it . I want to be sure that the build is correct and all parts are working together well.

so here's the built:

CPU: AMD FX 6300 Hexa-Core Prozessor (3,5GHz, Socket AM3+ 14MB Cache, 95 Watt)

Motherboard: Asrock 980 DE3/U3S3 Mainboard Sockel AM3+ (ATX, AMD RX881/760G/SB7​10, 2x SATA III, 4x DDR3-Speicher, 4x USB 3.0)

RAM: Kingston KHX1600C9D3K2/​8G Arbeitsspeiche​r 8GB (1600 MHz, 240-polig, 2x 4GB) DDR3-RAM Kit2

PSU: Sharkoon WPM600 V2 PC-Netzteil (600 Watt, ATX, Kabelmanagemen​t,80% effieciency)

HDD: Western Digital WD10EZEX Blue 1TB interne Festplatte (8,9 cm (3,5 Zoll), SATA 6Gb/s, 64 MB Cache)

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 670 Grafikkarte (PCI-e 3.0, 2GB DDR5, DisplayPort, Direct CU II, HDMI, 2x DVI)

I hope I didnt forget something. I have also a question . the graphic card says is PCIE 3.0 , is this motherboard ok for this graphic card?

and also at coolermaster's website there is a PSU calculator in which you add all the compnents of your PC and it says how many Watts PSU is needed in order to play properly . and with this built it showed me that I need 380W PSU, which for me I think is pretty low .

feel free to suggest me your own build with this budget. Actually I would really appreciate it .

thansk in advance ,

Aggelos K.

You won't be overclocking much/at all on the motherboard (anemic power section and no heatsinks on it).

Ram looks good.

PSU I worry about as I do not know if the brand is quality. See our tried and true list in the PSU section, or simply go Corsair. Their worst PSU is just fine for many uses.

Id look into a different GPU personally... R9 280x/285 or 750Ti. I assume you are at 1080p for your monitor, yes?

380W is about right considering the components you have...

hey thanks for the quick reply! for the PSU yes I was thinking the same! and for the GPU to be honest i was between GTX750Ti OC and GTX670. I choosed 670 because its newer than 750Ti. what makes you think 750ti is better? for me if 750Ti is better i would be glad to go for it since is cheaper than 670 . but i would like to know why you suggest 750ti instead of 670.

thanks again for the quik reply

@ATMINSIDE i was thinking any cheap ATX case . Dunno .. any suggestion? I am trying to limit my budget to 500 euro so I am not looking for something very expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey your built looks nice . very similar with the one i made. btw why you suggest G. skill RAMs and not an other? is a particular reason for it ?

I've always preferred G.SKILL for their price and customer service.
They're my (and many others) go-to brand for RAM.

Be sure to stick with the motherboard I listed, the FX series is power hungry and the Gigabyte board I listed has a MUCH BETTER VRM than the ASRock you had originally.

btw this website you listed. have you bought anything directly from there? is it safe? do they send order to Germany ? thanks

That site doesn't sell directly, it simply lists other sites where you can buy parts.

750ti is the newer card...but it is a lot slower than a 670. The new series is the 7 series cards. Look at a 760.

cool thanks. so you think with this built the computer will be able to responde to the nowdays games requirements?
Here is a review...http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_750_Ti_OC/10.html

That said, I didn't think it was that big of a difference between it and a 670... I might see if you can get a 760 or 280x in there somehow...The 750ti will be fine, but out of the gate you will have to make some image quality sacrifices...

I hope I am not annoying you guys but i have a question . I saw in the official site of Gigabyte say this : "To enable AM3+ AMD FX-Series CPU support, please update your motherboard with the most current BIOS found in your motherboard’s download section."

how can I update it if my i cant put the processor in first?

It doesn't need one. The oldest BIOS for that motherboard is F1, which supports everything except the 8370 and 8370e

Be better to run both if possible. You wouldn't be able to get alot of SSD storage for the same price as the HDD. Try to add a 256gb or so Samsung 840 for your operating system and a few of the app/programs or games you use most. Everything else can go on the HDD.

Back