• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So i was in DFI's new irc support and ....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Psyclone, that was very inflammatory of you. Please try and keep the thread on topic.

Quite simply, the DFI nF4 motherboards have problems with power regulation and other memory related problems.

Ok you 2 lets jjust step back and relax...

First Welcome to the Forums Psyclone

And if we all just post our opinions and not attack one another I thnk we all will be better off..

How I rate a prospective part. Price, Performance and support. If it lacks in one of the three. I will look elsewhere.

Prior to any purchase I make. I go to their online support and look for issues quirks and whatnot. That way I know what to expect and the potential of the intended purchase.

When I did mt last build, I looked at the DFI brand online support. I was not impressed. I don't care how much someone knows or how many times they get asked a question. Bieng rude to someone who needs help is not a good thing. A barb is not anyway to create a loyal customer base. There is many ways to redirect anger and n00bish unprofessional conduct than to sit atop a high horse and do as you please.

Online support reflects call in support. Is the customer not very smart and to be treated like an idiot? Will the employee of a company chide me into damanding a little respect?

That is why I like this place. No matter what age, gender or creed.(Edit: even if a person is not very bright, members go out of their way to help any member where they lack) You get respect. Even if the question has been answered or asked a thousand times. Any company that alienates its customers is heading downhill. After so long, the best advertisment will not be forth coming. Word of mouth is a free and powerful tool companies use. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. In the case of DFI, word of mouth through discussion is revealing that many are no longer happy with the product DFI is producing. I believe suppport is part of the product.

Last edited:
Enablingwolf said:
Being rude to someone who needs help is not a good thing. A barb is not anyway to create a loyal customer base. There is many ways to redirect anger and n00bish unprofessional conduct than to sit atop a high horse and do as you please.

I agree 100% with your statement and applaud you for wording it so well.

Alexia said:
Psyclone, that was very inflammatory of you.......

So only "my" comment was inflammatory????

Alexia said:
......Quite simply, the DFI nF4 motherboards have problems with power regulation and other memory related problems.

In this entire "discussion" thread I've seen no proof, no tests, nothing that smacks of anything more than personal opinion rendered as fact. That may be the modus operandi of this board, in the cooling section there's a large thread in which the author joined by nearly everyone else said that the case material had nothing to do with cooling and that aluminum wasn't any better than steel or plastic. This goes against all ENGINEERING facts (just look at the case design of expensive passively cooled hi-fi equipment), but according to those on that thread this means nothing.

So can anyone please point out to a poor noob like myself where some actual "facts" that support this assertation might lie. I'm being sincere, I would like to see such as it would likely influence future purchase decisions by myself and I'm sure others.

Thanks in advance for any reply. Have a nice day.

Alexia, (this has probably already been said but)

GLAD to see you here on OC!! you and your knowledge is more than welcome here ;)

----------
just 1 more input from me B4 i let this thread fly away, free....go, fly away little birdie, be FREEEeeee...

IMO:
the fact that AG OWENS the sight (which i didnt know till reading it here) changes things a little in my mind; he can do/say whatever the F he wants on a sight that he owns.
-but-
if it has the DFI's name on it (and AG is paid by DFI) than THEY should care how HE represents them.

the part about reading the rules and making a sig and listing where you live is all good and fine for non Forum virgins who know how/what/why that can (does) help.
-but-
DFI street also had a fair amount of Forum (and OCing) virgins and BASHING them for not knowing all the Forum rules is TOTALLY unfair!!

its like:
well, the answer to your question was on page 8 of that 25 page thread (that started on and was titled something totally different) how dare you ask that stupid question again...read the rules and stickys and EVERY single word on this sight B4 you DARE post a question... :rolleyes:... BS

ok, time to be....FREEEeeee (of this) :beer:

Psyclone said:
So only "my" comment was inflammatory????

In this entire "discussion" thread I've seen no proof, no tests, nothing that smacks of anything more than personal opinion rendered as fact. That may be the modus operandi of this board, in the cooling section there's a large thread in which the author joined by nearly everyone else said that the case material had nothing to do with cooling and that aluminum wasn't any better than steel or plastic. This goes against all ENGINEERING facts (just look at the case design of expensive passively cooled hi-fi equipment), but according to those on that thread this means nothing.

So can anyone please point out to a poor noob like myself where some actual "facts" that support this assertation might lie. I'm being sincere, I would like to see such as it would likely influence future purchase decisions by myself and I'm sure others.

Your point is correct when you talk about Passivily cooled hi-fi equipment however the topic was computer cases and in the modern desktop we do not have a passive system and as a result case material choice plays a negligable role on cooling the components..

And DFI street them selves DEMAND certain TOP end power supply volytage standards..And that alone suggests this boards power consumption exceds even that of a 2cpu rig which I am very familiar with.

I sent you a PM to politly and privately ask you to be less inflaitory..Obviously that may have been missed..Please do not make statements such as . . .
"That may be the modus operandi of this board"And other like statements..

Your opinion is as valueable as any other but the simple fact people dont agree is no excuse to be incitefull..EVEN if you are 100% correct on every post you have made and no one seams to get it..

I respectivly disagree with you on your points for the most point but doalso think there is some merit to your view point. ..

Last edited:
Psyclone said:

Why not post these thoughts and query in the thread you speak of. This is about a support forum and bieng disatisfied with the conduct of staff there.

For the benifit of others here is the link to it.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=4121455#post4121455

Psyclone said:
That may be the modus operandi of this board, in the cooling section there's a large thread in which the author joined by nearly everyone else said that the case material had nothing to do with cooling and that aluminum wasn't any better than steel or plastic. This goes against all ENGINEERING facts (just look at the case design of expensive passively cooled hi-fi equipment), but according to those on that thread this means nothing.

(ok, just B4 i let it go forever, i need to RIP the poor little birdie right out of the air...)

so if i put a paper clip in a aluminum box vs in a plastic box it makes it cooler? :cool:

:bang head

nobody was talking about: expensive passively cooled hi-fi equipment...and if they were, it was in the wrong section...READ THE RULES!! :argue:

the material that the case is made of has no effect on the temp of the air that passes through it. now if the case is DESIGNED to move heat then SURE metal moves heat better than plastic -but- im fairly sure they were talking "normal" PC cases... :shrug:

have a nice day :p

EDIT:

Psyclone,
feel free to PM me if you want to discuss thermal dynamics, paper clips, heat transfer, case design and air flow in more detail. since this isnt really the place for it.

God save the Queen (and this thread)

Last edited:
This thread is going downhill fast. :cry:

I wish everyone would chill out and try and save this thread.

I believe I may owe some members here an apology.

I posted this at DFI-street a few minutes ago in the MBM thread

soundx98 said:
I’d like to express my thanks for all of you that made my time here at the forum so enjoyable. So many that did the good work helping others. Kudos to you all.

It is time for me to leave. While I support a forum owner’s right to administer as he sees fit, I simply cannot agree with Angry’s actions and comments any longer. You appear to be “losing it” Travis. I will have no part in ridiculing or demeaning a user in need of help.

I hope no one considers this sour grapes for you removing me as a moderator. I was an active member in the forum for 18 months and a mod for only 3 weeks. I never requested to be made a mod, but when you asked for help I tried my best. Hope I did right by the forum members during the short tenure.

Since you refuse to reply to my emails or messenger any longer I’ll just say that I hope you seek help soon. You need it badly. I told you in the Moderation Bar 2 weeks ago that you needed a vacation. You took my advice then and I hope you do so now.

Not sure if the members want to know what all went on but I think these links may say it all. I think you will see that all the mods wanted to insure that the database was backed up, so that members posts and tutorials could be saved if Travis shut the forum down. I certainly have no regrets concerning anything I stated in these posts.

*EDIT*

*EDIT*

*EDIT*

*EDIT*

*EDIT*

*EDIT*

*EDIT*

I was told the IRC channel was shut down due to a “security breach”.
After receiving this from a forum moderator I do not believe that was the true reason.
While it was suggested to me that someone stole Angry Director’s identity it rings too familiar to be brushed aside.

LINK REMOVED

Was really hoping that AG would step to the back and concentrate on something else instead of demeaning customers but that is not to be from his post. As I said in the “Update Regarding Angry Games” thread, Travis will NEVER change. Never-ever-ever.

The mods and Rgone are really great guys and I respect them a good deal, but I can no longer deal with the “culture” that Angry Games is developing here. I’ll regret losing their friendship immensely. God Bless you all.
May your OverClocks be high, your Temps low, and your Uptimes long.

Carl aka soundx98

Please feel free to remove it or ban me if not appropriate.
My apologies to any OCForums members if you were offended by my earlier posts

*EDIT*
Removed private communications from those who'd not given permission for them to be posted publicly.

Luta

Last edited:
soundx98, (ditto what i said to Alexia!!!)

the work you did on the MBM sticky was... :drool:

your input & knowledge is more than welcome (IMO)

-but-

a few of the links you have arnt G rated...if you could @!#*&$^ them out im sure the post (and you) can stay :)

EDIT:
we've got a nice little DFI mobo section that would *really* benefit from your input :attn:

Last edited:
To those who are new/newer here... :welcome:

I'm sorry to read about the troubles being experienced...it is sad when a great idea goes wrong. But, feel free to settle in. :)

Now, I ask that those new and old members remember that we too have some rules...please read and abide by them.

I never saw below the part where it said I left the channel but that really makes me laugh. Max HTT? I have my multiplier at the max of 11. How am I supposed to get a higher overclock? I didn't realize 250 htt was pushing the borders.

Thank you all for the kind words.
Offensive language removed from MSN meeting link.
signature corrected as well.

I deleted the link to the IRC post as I saw no way to edit it.

again my apologies for any violations of forum rules.

DFI has really good products but my experiance with the customer support is subpar, and for that im going with the asus a8n32, kthnx

trendx said:
DFI has really good products but my experiance with the customer support is subpar, and for that im going with the asus a8n32, kthnx

Their products perform well in the OCing department but their business ethics, morals, and customer support is subpar. They'd literally be recalling thousands of boards if they'd own up to the issues that the boards have.

Joe Camel said:
Alexia, (this has probably already been said but)

GLAD to see you here on OC!! you and your knowledge is more than welcome here ;)

Thank you! :D It has been a long time since I have been around here.

So is Travis aka Angry_Games pretty much telling DFI corp where to get off and preemptively getting rid of any admins and mods who might have the power to lock him out of his DFI-Street site? It sure doesn't belong to DFI and it never really did LOL :p

I suppose DFI could terminate his salary agreement unless Travis is really the boss in San Jose.

Last edited:
Back