• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So i was in DFI's new irc support and ....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Carl (SoundX98), I'm really saddened to hear of your plight. If you recall our earlier discussion, I hoped that everything would work out amicably. Sadly, it did not turn out that way. I only hope that you will make OCForums your new home. Your technical inputs and insight is much appreciated here. And, I will hear nothing about you apologizing to anybody! I would have defended my Forum if people on another forum started criticising it. However, if it turns out that the truth was not on my side, I'd be accepting the facts as you did and just move along. Happy Thanksgiving mate! :santa:

psyclone:
Mate, you need to chill out a bit. Please take a moment to read the forum rules. There is no need to resort to flaming. Your POV is very much welcome and deserves to be heard. But please exercise a bit of restraint when presenting your views. :)

Last edited:
There were never any plans for a lockout or some type of conspiracy.
He IS the site owner and no mutiny was ever planned.

I stand by my original post that there is a great deal of good information at the site. I have no wish to see anyone lose their job or investment. Hope Meathead's new memory flies as well.

Audioaficionado said:
So is Travis aka Angry_Games pretty much telling DFI corp where to get off and preemptively getting rid of any admins and mods who might have the power to lock him out of his DFI-Street site? It sure doesn't belong to DFI and it never really did LOL :p

I suppose DFI could terminate his salary agreement unless Travis is really the boss in San Jose.

Travis is in a sense a contracted out tech support agent. However, I would have fired him a long time ago considering how he treats customers.

You know, people should be given a bit of leeway as a 24/7 tech support job is very very stressful. But, clearly, this has gone a bit too far. A very distasteful scenario. A lot of people jumped towards DFI for a) Good overclocking boards b)Excellent 3rd party BIOS and enthusiast community support c)DFI-Street to iron out any other kinks.

A lot of newbies jumped in because they expected DFI-Street to help them out. Surely, the bad press is going to hurt DFI.

Super Nade said:
You know, people should be given a bit of leeway as a 24/7 tech support job is very very stressful. But, clearly, this has gone a bit too far. A very distasteful scenario. A lot of people jumped towards DFI for a) Good overclocking boards b)Excellent 3rd party BIOS and enthusiast community support c)DFI-Street to iron out any other kinks.

A lot of newbies jumped in because they expected DFI-Street to help them out. Surely, the bad press is going to hurt DFI.

I only went to DFI after I had a serious issue that could not be ironed out after 2 months of trying and working with mushkin phone support and sentential and duonger. If they can't figure it out and my many posts on here to find no answer, I decided someone with absolute knowledge about DFI boards would be able to help me. Unfortunately, I needed someone with absolute knowledge who wasn't working with DFI to give me the real answer. I like to figure out problems on my own or atleast if I post on here I can try my own idea's AND try all your idea's which gets it done faster.

If you can't handle it, you should let someone step down who can. I kept my composure for 3 months with a semi-working computer but you don't see me flaming others.

I didn't start this thread to flame DFI-street or angry_games but merely let people know this is what might happen if you ask him for help.

DFI-street has answered a bunch of my questions. I liked the sticky about how to use the 3.3v rail instead of the 4v. I found the descriptions of all the bios settings very useful.

Bottom line is angry_games is just not the right person for the job. He has the knowledge but he has 0 people skills and 0 patience.

I worked at echo star 12 hours a day taking phone calls about people with problems. Some of them were nice and some of them weren't. If they aren't listening to you, just shrug it off and tell yourself, "Hey, I'm still getting my paycheck" and move on.

Meathead said:
-snip-I worked at echo star 12 hours a day taking phone calls about people with problems. Some of them were nice and some of them weren't. If they aren't listening to you, just shrug it off and tell yourself, "Hey, I'm still getting my paycheck" and move on.
ya but the fact is; DFI isnt paying him to run (host, admin) street.
hes paying for it himself (hosting=$, admining=sanity)

i know if i maintained a forum as large as street, i would want the right to "do as i please" ... not that i would use it but id want the right!!

i guess it falls under the "absolute power corrupts absolutely" saying :eh?:

:beer: lets all raise a glass to the street, what it was, what it is, and what it can be. :beer:

here's to hoping DFI Street can (once again) become the best sight on the web for DFI OCing!

and since were drinking...

:beer: here's one for OCF :beer:
(the best sight on the web)

DFI's site was useful for a while: RGone is a friend and someone who is an absolute purest, in the computer enhusiast realm, IMHO.

I enjoy reading in this forum, because there are many highly technical and thoroughly researched threads. You are to be commended.

I think the problems at DFI-Street are too often a result frustration due to a slew of inexperienced enthusiasts who expect too much. This in no way excuses the anti-social behaviour by some of the admins/mods...in a way, pandering to so many with the insane (good thing) number of BIOS settings, who do expect to be told what to do, is really asking for problems.

My opinion, sought or not.

Anyway, I lurk alot on this forum, because there is so much to absorb and use. I just want to say good job and thanks. :D

Joe Camel said:
ya but the fact is; DFI isnt paying him to run (host, admin) street.
hes paying for it himself (hosting=$, admining=sanity)

i know if i maintained a forum as large as street, i would want the right to "do as i please" ... not that i would use it but id want the right!!

i guess it falls under the "absolute power corrupts absolutely" saying :eh?:

:beer: lets all raise a glass to the street, what it was, what it is, and what it can be. :beer:

here's to hoping DFI Street can (once again) become the best sight on the web for DFI OCing!

and since were drinking...

:beer: here's one for OCF :beer:
(the best sight on the web)

We'll if the site was not assosciated with DFI, then he could do whatever he wants.

I too haven't posted over here in a long while.
soundx98 and I have already spoken about this privately.
Alexia - I'm sorry about what happened and I wish only the best for you.

Bill

Ya know, my real life got involved for a while, and I had no NEED for the Street, so I didn't go. 2 months later I log in, hoping to help a few people, and everything changed. Travis had been good to me, personally, and was quite gracious (those were my Corsair XMS TCCD sticks he used to make the sticky posts) in his one-on-one dealings. He was quite simply far too abrasive when in a position of power. Those of us who post(ed) at AMDForums probably remember the same kind of attitude, but they quelled him in that he had no power. Without that power, he took his ball and went home. There became Dfi_Street.

Bill, SoundX, Alexia, I'm happy to see you guys. Hats off to all who have defected.

Kil4Thril aka Infinity

Had some great conversations with Mods, Admins, and heavy posters (guys always on the forums helping others) over the last couple of weeks. People I really have a lot of respect for. Great having somed time to surf, look, and listen over the net. Even had a nice MSN chat with Travis.

The point I'm trying to make is that helping others folks can be a VERY stressful thing and is not at all glamorous. Very thankless job all in all and sometimes our "real lives" make us grumpy and sarcastic to add to the frustration. I see posts from the likes of deception'', karl pell, ThunDA, SuperNade, rseven and others and think, "Jebus, didn't he answer that question 6 times in the last month?". So there is certainly the chance the these forums make us even more "wacko" than we already are.

On a personal note, I can't tell you how much I've been impressed with the wealth of knowledge here at OCForums. Some really great threads and wonderful people here. Much Respect to you all. Enablingwolf has been very helpful and patient with my n00bishness. Also nice to be "unbanned" from DFI-street which Travis didn't have to do.

So I'm having a great time just chillin' and surfing round the web using it as the awesome information resource it was designed to be. Hopefully I'll keep "learning something new every day". Change is always tough, but it's usually for the better.
Happy Holidays dudes and dudettes!

Welcome Bill, SoundX, Alexia, this is a good site I am sure you will like it here. The MBM stuff is great btw, its one of the first things I set up with a new windows install. :)

soundx98, I was just helping you like I would any member. I thought I would try and make your settling in feel comfy here.

Thanks, EW for the link to this thread. I admit I have not read all of it (mostly due to lack of time right now), but what I have read, apart from the apparent arguing that seems to be going at times, leads me to believe that running higher voltage through any board or memory can't be good, unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Since I, myself, don't know what I'm doing as far as that goes, it's not even an issue for me. I plan to just put the board into the case, plug everything in and hopefully I will get to the POSTing part, install the OS and everything will be good. I will of course ask any questions that come up along the way, and try to get help.

Just my 2 cents...:cool:

Eldonko said:
Welcome Bill, SoundX, Alexia, this is a good site I am sure you will like it here. The MBM stuff is great btw, its one of the first things I set up with a new windows install. :)
Thanks for the Welcome Eldonko. I didn't have the thread subscription or e-mail notification turned on (fixed now) so I didn't see your post.
Just so everybody knows I haven't left my other job like Alexia and soundx98 but its nice to get away sometimes.

Bill

karl pell said:
somewhat a matter of personal taste, but suggest that the initial build be done at the bench ... easier to fool around with connections and, when you do go to the case, you're confident that the setup works.
That's why cases with motherboard trays are so much nicer :cool:

Electric Bill said:
Thanks for the Welcome Eldonko. I didn't have the thread subscription or e-mail notification turned on (fixed now) so I didn't see your post.
Just so everybody knows I haven't left my other job like Alexia and soundx98 but its nice to get away sometimes.

Bill

As far as I am concerned, DFI-Street and Travis can kiss my bleep. :p I am officially severed from them and even though Travis is stealing parts of the website from me, I don't plan to sue since it isn't worth it.(Travel expenses for a cross country flight.) Besides, just another website added to my portfolio.

Back