• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so many posibilities!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
how will it crack... i had mine for a long time and nothing happened to it..

i see what you mean by the Y line... i might try to put in 2 more barbs

What greenman suggested would be the best. Big pump+Big rad+CPU block on one loop, all else on the rest. If you are REALLY against tee'ing the l20/gpu loop then you should do some modification to the res. Either way, you'll have to wyee the tubes. This will cause some restriction in the loop, so you should use 5/8"id wyee. NOW, you should also use at least 5/8 on the res which would meen you'd have to increase the size of the holes in the res. You'll have to use a tap on the res but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If you wanted even less restriction and this is what I'd suggest:
Res with 1"id barbs with 5/8id tubing streached over it> 1"id wyee'd to two 5/8"id lines > 1/2" tubing streached over 5/8"wyee > rest of loops > combined in the same way back into res.

With this you'll have to tap at least a 1" hole with hose threading into the res but that's not too hard. Although you could just use the standard barbs... that'd work too.

Getting a second res would be another option that would work just as equally well but it would spend more of the dreadded dollar. Have you thought of selling your res and buying a 4-barbed 5 1/4" res?

i found the floppy bay res in the classified from a fellow member and i bought it. now i have 2 separate loops =)

omg omg!! since i have 2 loops i can use 2 different color UV dyes!!!

guys... dont take my idea! lol

i guess if you use 2 completely different loops you can use different color dyes. If ti's like 2 pump and 2 resevoirs like you previously illustrated... that's not going to work. Also if you share the water like how you were originally thinking, you need to seriously think out the flow rates of the two loops. Otherwise the one with the faster flow rate will empty it's resevoir and you'll be stuck with a burned out pump.

Just a question about your initial thoughts, why 2 loops? I understand using 2 cores (to get rid of heat), but what you're doing with two loops you can do with one, with 2 cores. i'd think that just one pump should have enough pressure and flow to get all your components nice and cool. With you, aren't you just doing the same (with one or two loops) + you are added the heat from the second pump

Back