• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So my V6GT fan went out..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fandroid

Registered
After a little more than a year of owning my V6GT one of the fans has completely died and the other is on its way out.

I talked to CoolerMaster and they said that one, I would have to pay to ship the fans back to them. That's not too fair but whatever. But then they said that they will send me the new fans once the receive my fans and try to repair them.

So now I am looking to just buy some new fans because quite honestly, that sounds like too much of a pain in the :censored: to justify saving a couple dollars.

Now, to get to the point. What are some decent fans for about less that $10 a piece. They need to be 120mm and I don't care if they have lights or not. The stock fans are supposedly 93CFM at full blast so I'd like to stay around in that area.

Thanks
God bless

Edit: I may even consider a new cooler all together. Air or water but the water would have to be a closed loop fake water cooler to ensure I don't spend out the anus. I'd say maybe a budget of $60 or so.

Last edited:
I have never used the Cougars, I do hear nothing but positives from the people who own them and they say they are fairly quiet. I was going to say what Conumdrum said though the Yate Loons are pretty good for the price.

Thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it. I went ahead and bought the Cougars though based off the fact that they had nothing but good reviews and are actually better than my current fans. Also, the Yate Loons you two recommended came with a molex connection where I need a 3 or 4 pin and the Cougars are a 3 pin and come with the 4 pin adapter so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Ohh really? The one I looked at didn't look like it had a 3 pin. Oh well, it doesn't matter now seeing as I've already placed my order for the Cougars.

Yeah Whitehawk I thought about that but where CMs customer service sucked so badly and the fans only lasted a year and a half I decided to skip them. Plus I only spent $6 more for a better fan setup.

Yeah Whitehawk I thought about that but where CMs customer service sucked so badly and the fans only lasted a year and a half I decided to skip them. Plus I only spent $6 more for a better fan setup.

I have 4 V6GT's and some have lasted for 3 years now, running 24/7.
I've not had to many problems with CMs customer service, only once did they fall asleep on a RMA but after a polite email, they got it to me ASAP :)
Did the fan(s) burn or just slow down? If it slowed down you can oil them and be good as new.

p.s. The RMA for for a Hot Swap SATA backplane

Back