• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So Wait. Im not allowed to post a Quiet Fan Post?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Time4aMassiveOC

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=431377
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=427979

im not understanding why my threads have been locked. i started posts with the intent to gather a list of what people experienced to be quiet fans. just because someone came in and turned it into a "silenx sucks" "prove it" post doesnt mean it doesnt hold value for its true purpose of gathering informarion from peoples experiences of fans.

so im not sure i see why my threads have been closed. if anything i have done is inapropriate then say so. if it was someone else that was inappropriate tell them. but at least tell them what specifically is inapropriate.

since the main purpose of the thread obviously isnt inapropriate. in fact one day there will be a sticky "quiet fans"

and im not sure how fair voodoo rufus there is being when he says:

Time4aMassiveOC, it is the preferred method here to research on your own using the search engine, both here and elsewhere, to try to find answers instead of harping on us to provide that information for you. I gave you the link to SPCR's search engine. I am sure they have tested the Silenx fans. It is up to you to do some of your own digging, as I am sick of people getting frustrated at your posts."

i do my own digging, SPCR refuses to test them.
i could care less about silenx. i care just as much about them as i do any other fan. and i treat them all with the same unbiased approach. im just a hard facts kind of guy.

how can i help people getting frustrated at my posts?
its just me trying to gather reliable information about quiet fans in general. its not like im saying something offensive, or lying, or anything inappropriate as far as i can see.

and if you mean to say im inappropriate that i ask for a a referance link to backup what is doubted. i cant see anything wrong with wanting to verify information.

as to wether or not the person is willing to spend time to help out you and everyone who reads the thread by providing a link is absolutly up to them.

its hardly something im doing wrong i would think.

so please better explain what who did wrong or acted inappropriatly such that i cannot continue to gather quiet fan experience information from others...

im happy to follow the rules that apply to everyone.

Last edited:
Put it this way;

Question asking for a quiet fan, good (redundant as well, but no one ever uses the search function or reads the stickies)

Getting in a never ending spiral about fans, repeating the exact same things in all your posts, and getting into semantics with other users (also guilty of the same thing), bad.

Its not the questions you asked, its how you went about responding to the answers. reread what you said & think about how it could have been better said (i.e. would not have made people mad). There's a way to disagree with someone that makes you look like an adult and there's a way to disagree which makes you look 12 years old. I think no one on this forum can honestly say they haven't looked 12 before in the past when replying to someone. I know I have a couple times.

If you can disagree in a way that no one disagrees with, things will be nice & smooth in future topics ;).

Moto7451 said:
Its not the questions you asked, its how you went about responding to the answers. reread what you said & think about how it could have been better said (i.e. would not have made people mad). There's a way to disagree with someone that makes you look like an adult and there's a way to disagree which makes you look 12 years old. I think no one on this forum can honestly say they haven't looked 12 before in the past when replying to someone. I know I have a couple times.

If you can disagree in a way that no one disagrees with, things will be nice & smooth in future topics ;).

The users have spoken. Making threads about closed threads results in MORE LOCKED THREADS. OMG, look at that, another one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back