• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so, what's the best 3.2e to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
I know that there's other threads about this and iv looked over them,
but im just looking for a strait answer
whats the best 3.2e socket 478 to get that has the highest likelyhood of reaching 4ghz+ stable?
iv been talking to xtremeoverclockr and he told me sl7kc which iv been looking for, for a bit of a while and havent really found :(
so... what be the best?
lol

thanks
-d94

Whats best for you depends on your motherboard. They are all good as far as im concerned BUT I'll say SL7B8 (14 multi benifit) and probably SL7PN ? if you can get hold of one :D

Supposedly the E0 steppings are better, if only because of slightly less watts and heat. But so far we only have anectodal evidence. We need more of these to hit the retail channel to know for sure. Buy one and do a review for us!

You can look up the steppings here.

I know there are some 3.2E E0 steppings in Dell laptops - including my friends ;). I wonder if he would notice if I swapped it out and sold it on the forums :).

hm... iv seen alot of the sl7b8 one's on ebay...
how would i get a 14x multi out of it? :confused:
and my mobo is in my sig
MSI Neo2-FIS2R

i just did a bit of research.. so the sl7B8's can have a 14-16x multi?

d94 said:
i just did a bit of research.. so the sl7B8's can have a 14-16x multi?
Don't take my word for it but i think all sl7b8 have the 14 multi option (Thermal Guideline 103.0W)..but remember they are C0 chips and run hotter then D0's so it really depends on ur mobo if it can supply the power that the C0 requires specially if you overclock! Here is a thread with a MSI board and Presscott C0 that might help.... 310 FSB on 3.2 Prescott works on MSI 865 Platinum Edition too !

hm..so do you guys think my mobo could handle that and attain a 1.2ghz bus on air?
btw, when i had all components running (3x hard drives 3x cd-roms + lights and fans and 6800nu), the vid card was underpowered, but now i have 2x hd and 2x cdrom with enough power to spare for hd or something so im sorda stumpted if my psu can afford a pressie?

Back