• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So you want to know... why Z170/Skylake? (Z97 vs Z170 Comparison)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So far ASUS released Ranger, Gene and Hero from ROG series. I see no place for Formula there but maybe will be released too. Maximus Extreme will be released a bit later but there are already results in rankings on this board. Probably Impact will be released too but as always with huge delay ( and overpriced ).
I had a chance to test Ranger and Hero. Gene is like Hero but in mATX format. Generally Ranger is designed for gamers while other 2 for gamers and overclockers. Difference is in higher memory support and some additional options in BIOS ( also LN2 mode switch on board ).

I think I found the answer to my question...looks like we'll have to wait and see.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-rog-z170-motherboards,29751.html

The ROG Maximus VIII Hero, Ranger and Gene motherboards are available now through various retailers. Asus stated that more Maximus VIII boards are coming soon.

That article was written on 8/5...maybe September holds those secrets?

I don't know about Formula as it would be about the same as Hero. Extreme and Impact are planned for next months ( in 1-2 months or something ).

Interesting are these RGB LEDs but I have no idea how to make it work. On my board ( or maybe on Hero and Ranger ) are no settings to change it and I haven't seen anything in soft about that. In BIOS is only option to enable or disable LEDs.

Back