• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket 939 Boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Section8

Which board would you go with? I am buying a FX-53 and want to overclock it. I need to figure out what board out is most overclocker friendly. Any one here have the socket 939 Asus, Abit or the new Nforce3 250 Gigabyte board? Any suggestions?

Section8 said:
Which board would you go with? I am buying a FX-53 and want to overclock it. I need to figure out what board out is most overclocker friendly. Any one here have the socket 939 Asus, Abit or the new Nforce3 250 Gigabyte board? Any suggestions?

Only the Asus and Gigabyte boards are out, and both seem to have some issues, or at least, less than expected performance. I would wait a bit, so far, nothing impressive has appeared. I'm expecting that the DFI may be the real performer of the bunch, but no sign of it yet. I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm waiting for things to shake out too.

Thanks I have a tight grip on the credit card but it is getting harder and harder to resist the urge. I am so dissapointed in the lack of 939 support. I have also heard that MSI will be adding to the mix soon. I have about had it with MSI but if there new board is good I would try it I guess. I guess I can wait. I have had plenty of practice as I have almost completely paid for my X800 XT PE but yet to see any sign of it yet? Dohhhhh.....

Ah, isn't it a wonderful time to be buying hardware... I'm dying to start building my computer, but PCI-express is nowhere to be seen :(

I also wouldn't get all excited about PCI express just yet. The bandwidth of AGP 8x for the most part hasn't been filled up and current hi end cards made for PCI express use a bridge chip rather than supporting it natively.

Yeah I don't give a crap about PCI-E as I already payed for a X800 XT PE. Just waiting for it to be released and shipped before I turn 80.

No the PE stands for Platinum Edition and it is only AGP right now. I am sure they will release a X800 XT in the PCI-E version soon though. They already have a X300 and I think a X600 out in PCI-E versions.

As far as I know the ATI cards will be native PCI-E, only the Nvidia cards use a bridge.

Back