• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[SOLVED]Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 problem Need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Monodoggie

Registered
Hi! I just got my new Fx8350 and sabertooth 990Fx. When ever i try to boot, the cpu led flashes and the system turns off, many people seem to have this problem but i was unable to find a fix. I called Asus support, some indian guy answered and told me i called the wrong number (i didn't) then i tried to call again and the line was closed. The power cables to the mobo are connected and secure, the cpu is installed correctly and is also secure. Everything spins and lights up but then the led flashes. I tried with only one ramm dimm / 2 ramm dimms, didn't make a difference. All help is appreciated.:cry:

Last edited:
Have you cleared the Cmos yet?? What are you cooling with ?

I haven't cleared the cmos, i am cooling with Cooler Master Seidon 120V. I gotta check the manual and see how to clear the Cmos on The sabertooth.

You are sure you have an 8 pin EPS cpu power connector plugged into the mobo to power the cpu? Someone in here the other day plugged in an 8 pin PCIe power connector (video card power) and the board would not boot. CPU Led Flash and then board shut off were symptoms as I remember.
RGone...

Interesting, if i have anything plugged into the CPU fan slot it shuts itself down after a second at boot, if i don't have anything in the slot, it posts but then says CPU fan error.....wtf?!

Interesting, if i have anything plugged into the CPU fan slot it shuts itself down after a second at boot, if i don't have anything in the slot, it posts but then says CPU fan error.....wtf?!

If you can get into the bios you can disable that in the monitoring section. I didn't know that about the fan header RGone it seems to work fine for me.

Yeah i was able to disable it. All fine now. Installing Win7. Alltough as soon as i plugsomething to the 3-pin cpu fan it doesn't even post. Strange =/

That is strange, maybe there's a problem with the board. Like a bad connector I mean. Could be shorting out somewhere, would there be anything behind the board touching it there??

EDIT: I would check the backplate for the cooler make sure it's not grounding on something, also I'm not familiar with that model but I do know if some of these blocks are over tightened it can cause shorting issues.

Thanks. I'll check for that. All good so far. If i can't find any obvious problem i'll just probably let it be. I won't be needing that CPU fan slot anyways.

Did you use the main CPU fan 4 pin header? If I remember there are two there and one is labeled CPU OPT which is the optional header and was only 3 pin.

As someone else mentioned, usually in the bios there is an option to disable CPU fan warning. Often it's found in a header labeled something like "PC Health".

Pretty sure he found it T-MAN , I was more inquiring about the fan header itself.

Actually the CPU fan is 3 pin, and the opt cpu fan is 4 pin. I can plug stuff into the 4 pin just fine.

Just took a closer look, and both the CPU fan slots seem to be 4-pin, and the 3 pin is next to the left of them. If not for a fan, what could it be then?

Just took a closer look, and both the CPU fan slots seem to be 4-pin, and the 3 pin is next to the left of them. If not for a fan, what could it be then?

I just checked the manual onlinr and it doesn't list anything in that area that's 3 pin so I'm not surprised it didn't like anything plugged in to it.

Yeah i checked the manual too, shows nothing there =/ I just leave the 3 pin alone i ques =P

Back