• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOME OF THIS CRAP JUST HAS TO GO!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seems like a nice little collection you've accumulated there. Though I wonder why so many spares?

Think I may keep an eye on the classifieds in case you decide to list the remainder of your spare parts at some point.

I have 5 ch5-f/ 1090t rigs I run at the shop, spares are a must.

so, my ideas on what to keep sounds good to everyone?
I'd swap that 1090T out for the FX6300 if the board supports it personally.

The 6300 has higher base clock and turbo clock speeds, can typically overclock to much higher levels than the 1090T, has lower power consumption, lower TDP, and lower annual energy cost. Also has better performance per watt of power consumed than the 1090T.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Phenom-II-X6-Black-1090T-vs-AMD-FX-6300

Edit: may depend upon what you're using it for, as my second link shows it not doing as well as the 1090T in some benchmarks and tasks.

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/324/AMD_FX-Series_FX-6300_vs_AMD_Phenom_II_X6_1090T.html

Last edited:
Pretty sure the 1090T's are Oced and for what C/D is using them for they are out performing the 6300 he had in there.

Pretty sure the 1090T's are Oced and for what C/D is using them for they are out performing the 6300 he had in there.

Yeah we done been there and done that. He swapped out 5 x 6300s for the 1090Ts since the majority of apps in use daily were single threaded. Not the forte of AMD FXers.

And since AMD abandoned us discrete cpu users...C_D is moving on since fooling with computers is his past-time and relaxation. Like some who go and get a "pipe" for their ATV or a new bat for hitting the ball. Strokes for folks.
RGone...ster.

benchmarks schmehmarks, in everyday use or anyday use the 1090t is for me.

Yeah we done been there and done that. He swapped out 5 x 6300s for the 1090Ts since the majority of apps in use daily were single threaded. Not the forte of AMD FXers.

And since AMD abandoned us discrete cpu users...C_D is moving on since fooling with computers is his past-time and relaxation. Like some who go and get a "pipe" for their ATV or a new bat for hitting the ball. Strokes for folks.
RGone...ster.

benchmarks schmehmarks, in everyday use or anyday use the 1090t is for me.

Sorry, seems I missed that thread...

I was completely unaware that he had swapped from the FX6300 to a 1090T

I knows my way around a 6300 or 6 and that's the way i take, right around 6300's.
they just are'nt for me.

I really do have to say a few things about the 6300 cpu's.
they are good cpu's, if you game, they give you some headroom on the temps.
if you run smaller population models, they do a good job of that.
they clock easy and are forgiving when you blow it.
my issue stems from the fact that i chose poorly by not researching enough into what we do vs what the cpu would do.

. . . ditch the rest of the crap as i move to intel
any other ideas?

Wow! Lately, a bunch of us diehard AMD fanboys have defected to the other side.

well, with no new toys from amd what are we supposed to do?
my ch5-f/1090t rigs at the shop are working rigs and will remain amd as long as I can keep them running.
around the house here they are all play toys, no sand in the sandbox, I'll get a new sandbox.

not me guys, the saberkittys are boxed up and I'm tearing stuff all apart!!!!

Just to answer a pm or two, the crosshairs will not hit the classies for a VERY LONG TIME, they are good spares for the 5 I have in 24/7 operation at the shop.

Wow! Lately, a bunch of us diehard AMD fanboys have defected to the other side.

Not all of us have gone to the other side for good though.

I ran an AMD rig for five years, and used an ATi card along with it. That was my introduction to computing, and computer building. The first three rigs I built were all AMD. I'm still a closet AMD fanboy. I just wish they'd get their stuff together and produce some CPU's that are real performers and don't require a ridiculous amount of power draw and a huge cooler to keep temps under control. I remember the days when AMD and Intel would trade blows and switch back and forth for who would be in the lead for the fastest and best performing CPU's, but AMD has let Intel stay in the lead for quite some time now.

Then switched to Intel LGA775 when my AMD rig's board went out (multiple bad capacitors and unstable power delivery) and its power supply went bad.

I've run the Intel rig for three years now, and hoping to upgrade to a newer rig sometime in the next six months (preferably sooner if possible).

I've been rather disappointed with AMD as of late. Bulldozer's 8-Core CPU's weren't particularly better than the Phenom II Thuban 6-Cores (1055T/1075T/1090T/1100T) and were typically outperformed by the Thubans' in a lot of benchmarks and tasks in reviews I read around the time they came out. From what I've read Piledriver doesn't really seem all that much better than Bulldozer, though it is better by some small margin.

Last edited:
Going back to AM2+ soon myself. Gonna run the s1155 for the summer maybe, and then go retro.

Gimmie a decent dual core (or Phenom II on DDR2) and GTX 480 or bigger and that'll do fine for gaming retro style. Get me some UT up and running, some older NFS titles maybe some CSS again...... Meh all my favorites almost run on emulators now HAHA :rofl:

Got a s939 board I want to update to solid caps as well. Was thinking Opty 170 for a while to really get the feel of age. Plus that Lan Party board is just tittiez to look at.

my 2 cents for the day. I really miss running stuff like that daily. :cry:

Back