• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

some q's can u plz help me out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capmuffin

i have an old PC a 2400 with 512 pc2700 and a ti4200,with a 40 GB,it runs and all(heh i use it for gaming its aculy overclocked with a silent boost to a 2800 about) i would like to join but i dont know much about PM me or just post it here,muffinman51432 is my AIM.thanks

You call that on 'old PC'? I call it new ;)

Anyways, all did was went and downloaded it from here...
http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html

Installed it, configured it to Team 32 and made up a screen name (it asks you when you start it) and have let it fold ever sience. There are one click installs and stuff made by, some guys here I think but don't know anything about them or where they are at (check the stickies)

Welcome to the Team!!! Just download it like PCGuy said and start folding for Team 32. Make sure you pick a name no one has used before, otherwise you'll just add to their score. Read through the stickies at the top of the forum and you'll learn about Tinkers and Gromacs which are different types of work units and Gromacs give a production boost since they use SSE or 3DNow to their advantage.

thanks boys(heh yeah it is new and its the most stable machine ive ever had(i think i overclock to much when i get board)IE everyday its a quiet comp i can keep it on 24/7

Also check out the team 32 website here. It hasn't been updated for a month or so, but has some good info on it.

After you have turned in a work unit, you can keep track of where you are on the the stats page at Stanford here. A couple of other good sites for stats that graph your production against your fellow teammates are, ExtremeOverclocking(my favorite), and Statsman.

Welcome to the fold!

Back