• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some questions on watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1twelve2 said:
just a little off topic, but...

this is the BEST "i have a question about watercooling" thread i have ever seen. Good questions, no flames, good responses.

[heart]OCForums[/heart]
Yes it's threads like these that make me all tingly inside. Nice work guys!

BWR said:
Id rather not use conductive liquids on my first loop. Why start off with the real thing when there are training wheels? I dont mind spending the extra $20, especially when Im not skimpping on the hardware in the first place.

The nonconductive fluids are ok for initially setting up but nonconductive fluids become conductive over time as any fluid will tend to leach some copper from the fittings/blocks and will pick up whatever dust is in the lines/blocks. In other words, there is nothing wrong with using this, and it might not be a bad idea for a first setup, but don't rely on the nonconductive part to be foolproof in the event of a leak. There was a thread just a week or two ago about someone who used PCICE and had a leak and it still fried his video card.

A lot of people like me tinker and make changes fairly often. I have gone through so many changes since I started into watercooling with components, cases, and setups. So for me using nonconductive fluid would have cost a fortune. But if you don't mind spending the money and it makes you feel better, then it is worth it. It can save your hardware. But just plan on not having any leaks! ;)

Back