• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Someone is using my Domain name...I think??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

invisible hand

Can anybody here tell me whats going on....I purchased the domain name www.title2capital.ca along with 3 similar names of which two are .com's.

So I went to my site thinking that it would give me a gateway error or something and low and behold I find a search engine there....what the heck, is this normal???

I know very little about domains and web sites so please give me your advice.

you can use something like register.com, type inthe names that you have and it should bring up weather the domain is available or not. If its not available then you should be able to click on the name and see who owns the domain.

It's registered to cgourlay at gmail dot com. If that's you, then you probably have nothing to worry about. Some registrars park domains at their own sites until you use them. What you need to do is point your DNS to the address that you were given by your host. You can do this through your registrar. After a few days, they will resolve (point) to your site.

If you don't have a host yet, there are a few out there that can give you a lot for cheap. Browse around our sister forums, http://www.webhostingtalk.com for some good offers.

Last edited:
diggingforgold said:
It's registered to cgourlay at gmail dot com. If that's you, then you probably have nothing to worry about. Some registrars park domains at their own sites until you use them. What you need to do is point your DNS to the address that you were given by your host. You can do this through your registrar. After a few days, they will resolve (point) to your site.

Yea thats me :)

Thanks for the info

Back