• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Somewhat advanced knowledge in PCs, new to OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh, yeah. Didn't realize that.

Alright, 1.55 CPU & 1.55 CPU-NB voltage, I'll stop there then.

Now: Up the multi until error, lower until stable, up the CPU frequency until error, lower until stable.

Current settings: 22x (4414mhz) @ 1.55v CPU & CPU-NB

Good night!

Last edited:
You don't need to raise your CPU-NB in lock step with your CPU vCore. 1.25v on your CPU-NB is fine and all you should need.

As bassnut said, don't increase the CPUNB in lockstep with the CPU voltage. In fact, with the FX CPUs you can just leave the CPUNB alone. Unlike the Phenom IIs the FX CPUs don't seem to like having the CPUNB frequency or voltage messed with much.

That looks good to me! Nothing to write home about but respectable and definitely an improvement from before. I might suggest that you consider upgrading to some good 1.5v DDR3 1866 mhz ram in 2x4.

Maybe one day when I have another pc to upgrade, spent 50$ for these, I won't just take them out for storage :p

I plan to upgrade slowly, but surely, everything on this. I spent 850$ for this build, and I have some other things I gotta buy outside hardware, like repairing/upgrading my bass. But for now, I think it'll be just fine. I'll test these setting with different games, see how it handles them now.

So, would there be anything else to OC, or is that all?

With the FX CPUs that's pretty much it since they don't take well to overclocking the CPUNB which improves memory performance on the Phenom IIs. The FXs are pretty simple to overclock, really. Adios!

Back