• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Somewhat advanced knowledge in PCs, new to OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Go back to your last reasonably stable settings. Attach pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD".

Do you have Cool N Quiet, C1E, C6, Turbo and APM turned off in bios? If not, that would be a good idea. Then go into Windows Control Panel Power Options and configure it to High Performance. That should turn off the green, down-thottling technology that can interfere with overclocking and create instability at higher overclocks.

All of those are turned off. The from 19.5x, I never had stability, whatever voltage I've put. I'll try 19x, see how it goes, and up if necessary. Stock was 18x.

How about those CPU-z pics I requested? Something is wrong here. You should be getting better results than this. What is your CPU-NB voltage set to in bios?

I've found my problem, enabling the multi put the RAM to be forced to run at 1600mhz instead of the 1333mhz default, which gave errors every time. I've set it to 1333mhz, now at 20x, 1.3v CPU-NB and going up. I'll report with pictures once I hit the limit.

You mean enabling the CPU multiplier caused your ram to run in 1600 mhz mode instead of 1333 mhz?

Yep, that's the game plan. Don't forget to monitor temps at every step.

As far as temps will allow. I gave you temp guidelines back in post #

Until I reached these temps, alright. Should I take into account the -15c AMD CPU innaccuracy? Or go for these temp from HWMonitor?

Edited: That's where the 70c upper limit for the socket temp comes in. You will reach that before you hit dangerous levels with the core temp regardless of what the core temp reading is.

If the core temp reading is saying 45c and it's 15c too cool then it's really 60c which is still safe but you will have already hit 70c with the CPU socket temp I think. It's a hedge.

Alright. In for a while I guess. Assuming 1.4v at both CPU and CPU-NB, 35c at cores, 43c at CPU, I think this will be something around 1.8v. This is just approximating.

Uh, I wouldn't go beyond 1.55 cPU volts, even if temps permit. You get much higher than that and electron migration really speeds up to degrade the chip. Plus the motherboard components get overheated. In fact, for that reason you better stop at around 1.5-1.525. It's only a 4+1 power phase board.

What do yo have LLC set to?

Last edited:
I know what's in your bios. Look at my Sig. I have exactly the same board.

Beddy bye time.

Back