• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Somewhat advanced knowledge in PCs, new to OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, OC won't be today AT ALL. I didn't expect a 4 hours delay. I'll install the necc. stuff so I can play some games, and I'm done for tonight. Thanks for your help today guys! I'll OC another day, I guess, but all of this was worth it. x64 is running smoothly, that 1gb of ram isn't too much :)

Last edited:
Great temps! Have you disabled Turbo, Cool N Quiet, C1e, C6 and APM in bios? That's all green, powersaving, down-throttling stuff that can interfere with a good, high overclock and should be turned off. Plus, go into Windows Control Panel Power Options and configure it to High Performance.

Stock .... yes but those are still nice temps. Now you are all set up .... green stuff is off. Just like I said earlier go into your BIOS and add .5 on your multi and test with prime for 20 min. If you pass without errors in prime do it again and add another .5 to your multi and watch your temps. Eventually you will get an error on prime, rounding error or sum out error. When that happens get a snap of your temps while prime is still running and post it back here.

You guys realize this is stock?

Yep, knew that. But it gives you alot of headroom. Add about 15c the core temp, however, as it is pretty well known that the core temp sensors report about that much on the cool side. Even so, a 39c core temp under load is good, especially being that the FX core temp stability threshold is reported to be more like 60c than 55c.

And this was while playing World of Tanks, max Graphic setting (but WoT doesn't support x64 very well, so I had 10-20fps @ 50-200 ms...)

Attachments

• WoT.png
    WoT.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 47
Okay, not so fast. Perhaps we offered cool temp accolades too fast. Around here, when we test for temps we use the Prime95 blend test. Some use Intel Burn Test on Lynx but most of us use the Prime95 blend. It's kind of a standard tool. Please go back and check those temps with HWMonitor again but this time while running Prime95 blend for 20 minutes.

First test was done with Prime95 (post #42). This is just me, playing a game(post #49). I will edit the actual post to make it clear.

where do you keep the RIG? in the freezer ? :D i barely keep my fx8150 under 50c(core) with 14C ambient. sorry for offtopic.

Nope, on my desk! Like said in my sig, I've got liquid cooler and many fans :p

2x 120mm front intake (Blue LED) w/ air filter (on the casing)
1x 120mm card-height intake (4-color LED, the guy from e-bay sent the wrong one... -__-)
1x 140mm top exhaust Two-speed
1x 120mm MB behind the processor exhaust (Blue LED)
2x 120mm on the cooler radiator (1x Two-Speed, 1x came with the radiator)
1x 120 in the PSU w/ air filter (on the casing)
Antec KÜHLER H₂O 620

Casing: Antec Two Hundred Three: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=67326

Last edited:
the freezer gave me an ideea . when 0c weather arrives i will put the rig outside to see how far i can go :D

Testing upload from my phone; this is my rig atm. Let me know if it looks blurry, very low quality, or just fine.

/e: removed pic

Last edited:
Back