• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo better performance than Abit/Asus??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The KT400 isn't "normal" for OCing...It's terrible. With mine I couldn't even reach a 166FSB...and I was running PC2700 DDR. That stuff is spec'd at 333 (166x2) and I couldn't get it to run at stock speed. The board has very little overclocking options, and it is a total piece of crap. I'm glad you like your pretty silver board so much, but look at the facts, almost all of the KT400 boards out there are performing much better than the Soyo Platinum.

sure somewhere i can see show me your facts reviews vs other motherboards if you tell me something to shut my mouth if you can`t sorry soyo is fine until you proof the opposite

SUCCESS!

*Edited by Moderator*

How about I tell you something to "shut your mouth"....

I urge you to reread our forum Policies, particularly noting the section that specifically mentions:

1. Absolutely NO personal attacks will be tolerated, no exceptions!

This is so important to us, it's the very first thing mentioned....

Consider this a Formal Warning. Flaming is not tolerated...repeated warnings for this may lead to a suspension of your posting privelidges here.

Mr B
Forums Moderator

My proof is my experience. The board would not allow my DDR333 to run at it's spec speed, and I am sorry but I am an overclocker, and that just will not cut it for me. If you are debating wether or not it is a good board for running stock speeds, I don't care. This is a forum for overclocking, and that is what I am basing my opinions from. I bet if you go over to the Soyo forum, and look around, you will find many other dissatisfied customers just like me. The Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum looks nice, but is by far one of the worst KT400 boards for overclocking. I am not going to toil over Google to find you a comparison, but I will bet some cash that if you want to go and find a few, the other KT400 boards will stomp it any day.

success? success at what?

anyhow why dont you post your settings and compare them to ours,mines in my sig.
and i dont have the need/desire to go article hunting to prove something i know for a fact.
heres what id like to see about your rig:
cpu stock speed,
cpu overclocked speed,
the voltage the cpu is running at,
what front side bus setting
ram voltage,
ram bus speed,
ram timings,
3dmarks 2k1 +2k3

and if you havent noticed ,but you will.i will make you feel really sad to own what you do if you keep pushing the matter. :D

ROFL death, I feel the same way I just didn't feel like typing all of his spec's that I would like to see at the end...:)

Out if interest, the motivational statements don't actually have any affect in an intellectual discusion, other than to demonstrate that you are less likely to know what you are talking about.

As for proof, my search have revealed many reviews stating that while the Soyo is an adequate board, its performance is beaten by the big boys, and it's OCing ability is limited. Just take a look around the web - they all say the same thing.

altec its funny that people who have closed minds always loose at proving things.this isnt even a gaming forum,but we do know how to build the fastest gaming rigs.

by the way here are my scores for my lowly little old 9700non pro.
you have a 9700 pro su surely absolute you can beat mine.
3dmark2k1
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6485568
3dmark2k3
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=758978

oh and if you look close enough nothing you see will say 9700non pro.mine is always listed as a 9800pro or 9700pro running at 9800pro speeds.

"edit" the reason im doing this is im upset about the personal attack on one of our great members.
and also in the closed minded approach to the subject.
i see you went offline but im sure you will be back tho.

but a better way to do this is to either learn or share not challenge our findings unless you have differant proof than ours.
all our statements are backed with testing and our own money and our own hands.
we take it very serously.and dont speak unless we can prove what we say.try opening your mind a bit and looking at what we are saying.

but if you want to say still we are wrong im sure i can fine many many more things to show you just how good your soyo isnt.

Last edited:
altec said:
Speaking of fast...you went ahead and bought the WD Raptors I see. How are they?
fast fast and faster :D
the silicon image controller sux badley tho as its killing alot of performance i could be doing.i just bought a car and needs some minor work so ill have to put off buying a promise sata raid card for a month.

im doing 62000-65000 in sandra hard drive bench
98000-99613 in atto

with a new controller card im guessing it will go upto 72000 in sandra and 12000-13000 in atto

:eek: :eek: :D :clap: HOLY CRAP! I want some of those myself now...too bad I'm saving up for some good ole' H2O cooling. I only have $90 right now, so I will be saving for a while for that, and it looks like some of those screamers may be next after my w/cing. :D

Re: WTF

Absolut said:
And i´m mexican and i´m proud...... this PhobMX (because i saw has problem plz adopt him and take him to USA his is useless here in mexico and in our forums, he`s happy with english, with OC forums in english WTF just go to USA

so take this man without identity to ur country and give him one

aww sigh... absolute ive tried tons of times to be polite with you and you just keep the personal attacks, i dont remember saying my system is better than yours nor even your mobo sucks... i was just stating theres much better stuff around for overclocking... after all ocmexico and overclockers.com are both overclocking communities right?? then why keep arguing backed up by reviews at STOCK speeds???

what i tried to say tons of times on the thread at ocmexico is that here at overclockers.com we the regulars share experience with all sorts of stuff. like deathstar said theres no need to go thread hunting to post your beloved links... just think about it, review sites use very synthetic methods of testing, while we real people around here just like to play with our hardware for the things its meant to be, not just benchmarking.

Just go fool around a while at the overclocking amd cpus forum and ill be impressed if you find a single soyo...

It really doesnt speak that good of ocmexico community if the first single thing you do here is start attacking at people that are trully open minded and are glad to be friends to you for the very start no matter you bash all over their prefered hardware. Just look what mods are really meant to do like it happened to you here, unlike ocmexico.

Last but not least hell im proud to be mexican and ive stated this lots of times... just go ask around how many mexicans are around here and i still have sorta more knowledge and experience than the average member. Hell you know, its cool to know you can sometimes be better than that bunch of rich "gringos" ;). Otherwise why would i go to ocmexico instead of just staying in this site??? i want to act as the "bridge" we need here in our country in this kind of stuff.

So bottom line, i still believe we can get along and just be friends there in ocmexico and maybe here... you know we can both expand horizons ;) Peace absolut

You calling me a gringo?!@! :p Just kiddin dude.

I wonder if he will come back. I want him so show me some proof, benchies, and other stats to prove to me that the Soyo is even a decent board for overclocking.

altec said:
You calling me a gringo?!@! :p Just kiddin dude.

I wonder if he will come back. I want him so show me some proof, benchies, and other stats to prove to me that the Soyo is even a decent board for overclocking.

he might not come back again... the stereotype of the mexican includes being hard-headed and start personaly attacks instead of discussing politely, he fits perfectly :rolleyes: . Ohh well, hope i dont hehehe...

hey guys, updates... seems absolute got so ****ed because of the suckness of his board stated in this thread that i was banned from ocmexico forums, lol... those admins are so lame that my posts now renamed my nick to something like "im an unloyal mexican". Can you believe it??? just because im used to true elite hardware and i made that punk feel bad about his sucky board even those admin-wannabes stand besides him.

Sigh, seems that "community" is just non worthy of my patience... lol

If they are going to ban you because your opinion differs from theirs, you probably don't want to be in their community though. We are a lot more open minded here, and I am sure we will help you a lot more too. :p

LOL, so that's what desleal means. I got most of what people were saying (no translator). Speaks well for my high school spanish class =). I was wondering why someone would call themselves "I am a (didn't know at time) mexican." Not to many people around say "I'm a red-blooded American" for their handle. lol

Back