• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Special Case Technology] 200+% OC able stock!?!!! -Interested?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(I've been a member here for like 7 years or so, just couldn't find my old account info or name or log in stuff- and we talked a little about this design many years ago!)

I hope so... :)

all this guy is doing is talking and avoiding questions. i say put up or shut up.

Woah calm down boy...let the man speak...he hasnt't done anything wrong ....yet.

I would like to belive you good sir and your project does spark some curiosity, hope its coming along well. If your story is true then i understand why you are not able to reveal alot of information, although some sort of preview would be appreciated to appease our interest. As a computer enthusiast and a consumer im sure i can speak on behalf of alot of people that anythng new and exciting that could possibley enter the computer market is worth looking into, I myself am not currently looking into a new case or OC gear since i have my system set up but im sure for all those who are planning to buying a new rig soon this venture of yours would definately be worth looking into...if turns out to be as good as it sounds.

Keep us posted ....and moreeeeeeee infoooooooooo....even a picture...(nothing that would give away any secrets) hehe

meh... sounds like a sales man to me. Red cars go faster when they are washed, and this is good swamp land here too.

Yawn. For one thing, are you going to manufacture it where you live, or in the states?
How much will it cost
How much will it cost
How much will it cost.

This is boring.

You don't have the right community for this, and I'd bet a paycheck when this idea comes public I just shake my head and browse to the next piece of daily news.

:rolleyes:

Too easy:

http://forum.desktopreview.com/showthread.php?p=2251240

"Don't do it.
Seriously.

I've been OCing since the 286's came out with the math co processor and Dr Freezz figure out how to chill mineral oil to like -40 and we doubled the speed on the gear.

You HONESTLY WILL NOT see enough difference for the risk you're taking with a laptop. Things are just too close together in a laptop- and with gaming, we just get too into the games and too much time at OC speed will pass. I make 3D games and maps and CAD stuff, and honeslty, we're talking the difference between antialiasing (abeit unstable slightly, as most OC's wind up being) vs no antialiasing. What does it translate outside of geek-creds in real world performance?

almost nil.
I've OC'd everything and we've hacked bios too- it was fun.
Yeah

It was fun.
I think the best I ever got on the teams was a 200+% OC (yeah, double the listed) on the entire rig liquid cooled in mineral oil. We didn't publish though. and at 200% full system OC minium was the ONLY TIME I've seen anything more than, say... 60fps turn into 100fps. That's like the one place you might notice a difference... 90fps to 105 fps. But the human eye won't notice it.

sorry not more helpful. Just I am against OCing' laptops almost on principle. I've never heard any really good success stories, but a lot of horror ones.

the GOOD thing you can do, is swap out the components- what is the slot on your video card? Why not sell it and just upgrade off Ebay? you got the 8600- just upgrade to a 7900 series! Heck Dell will probably see it to you right off their website!
LOL!

7600-8600 similar
7800-8800 similar
7900- ...nothing as fast yet.

It's a marketing hype for more pipelines and different cores, but they haven't yet been able to implement the same stuff as on the 7900's and above. The 8xxx series is on par with the 7xxx series with the same designator, essentially, in the real world vs. benchmarks.

Cheers!

:p"

OK.
super busy-
I know people are going to be skeptical and even without a free sample just going to dump on it, etc,etc, etc...

Here's what I can share, it works, it looks simple and isn't exactly new technology.
We solved a physics problem with chipsets and heat dissipation. The cases are totally unexciting as of yet- (I.E. they are simple industrial solutions) but with windows it's more interesting, and easy to put in.
Yes Dr Freezz was way cool.

I can NOT share pictures, of any kind whatsoever, because we're not the only team who has been working on this for a long time, and ANY ANGLE on the case will help them solve their problems- simply it can't be done. If you need to believe it's real and this is your proof, imagine a block that is black and that is about all I could show you. It's not a new set of neon lights so if I showed a picture of what and how and why then the secret would be out.

I posted on here, simple while looking for gear to test and upgrade my rig with, I figured it would be interesting if the DIY and OC crowd would BE INTERESTED in a one-time-purchase case, that allows them to- if it CAN be DONE- OC as far as their gear can go without heat problems or lapping or all that special expensive techno ****. If people wind up bring interested, especially once I am ABLE to post pictures and put it up on computer tech sites all over the internet, then I'll make a ****load of them. don't worry about money at my end or manufacturing-
1) I'm in Eastern Europe right now, and for those of you who've ever been here or know- there are abandoned factories EVERYWHERE and people need work desperately. This is the land of the HACKERS for a reason- everyone is educated and has gear and nothing to DO.
2) I've got huge funding if I need backing- money is no object, but of course, the funders need a return on whatever they put out to compete with a firm like Alienware or Dell (well, I'm aiming high right now perhaps- maybe it would be better to let them buy rights to make their own versions)... I'm not a marketter- I'm a OC person who'se been doing this SINCE Dr. Freezz took his first 286 and attached an AC unit to it (sweet- with a beer cooler too, and then he played pong, right?)...

:D

So, if a case cost $500 give or take, but you NEVER NEEDED ANOTHER CASE FOR whatever you put in it again, and you were almost positive you couldn't cook your gear if you TRIED (though gear failure from manufacturing flaws or voltage would be your responsibility)....

and if it had the same frills and whistles and neon lights or whatever, would you do it.

I can't share the technology, nor (obviously) am I here to market it- I'm too corse and tactless and blunt to be a good marketer... I'm just the guy who made it and has used it for a few years and took my gear up and beyond, without raising the temps hardly at all (1-3 degrees max as I recall). The cooling and cases can do it, and more, but is such a thing, if you KNEW IT WAS FOR SURE and DID WORK (like it was all over the internet and on Newegg and all that and 10/10 review at Tomshardware, etc)...

-Would you fork out to buy one if you could afford it?

I don't think I can make them for under $500 USD. Not with quality parts, even in bulk, unless we're talking 2,000-5,000+ batches at a time.... Yeah maybe then. But I wouldn't want to skimp on the quality of the parts we'd be using- just they're too critical.

So, outside of wanting to cheat and get the inside secret and steal the technology, and outside barbs and digs to learn how it works, does the IDEA and concept.... interest you as a OC'er

-or not?

p.s. I could post FAKE pictures if you like- just of some case, but that would be BS for my OC buds. I mean, come on- I can NOT show you SQUAT or it will be a done deal for me, 100%- trust me- some Dell or Sony tech will see it in Taiwan or wherever and I'll see MY CASE on tomshardware and that will be that- end of my possible decent living, and credit for the invention. P**K THAT! :D

-next time I'll just make a vote, eh? LOL!

You've got my curiosity sparked and for a low budget tight income point of view I can say $500 is very steep but I might be interested and try to save if it worked. This is a big if though because that's not to far away from a phase unit that I can retro myself in the future to fit future hardware. And again at that price point it will be hard to sell because of that very reason. Even for the folks that cant retro a phase it would be very cheap to draw plans and take it to a machinist to make new brackets. You have my curiosity sparked but again at that given price point it's hard to choke on. Even if it is the "last case" I ever need. I personally have used cases for more then 5+ years and have modded them as needed and spent a total of less then $200 for it. I too have been around since the 386 days to the point I had to OC my first 386 to play DOOM and then my old cyrix 2 to play unreal 2. That price point is hard to choke and I see many others seeing them same thing. Again I am a heavy DIYer to the point I have modded my laptop for better cooling and added extra connectors and such.

To step into the other crowds shoes I have friends that are slightly tech savvy but are heavy games. They can put together a computer and install windows but not much more. Their reasoning to see why to spend $500 on a case would go over their heads. They wouldnt care about the details as they only buy the hardware for what they need anyway with no OCing. Common equipment would work for them for much cheaper.

I can make a poll for you. As I see it here would be the options...

Would you want a case you know nothing about, that is accompanied by ridiculous claims like "200+% OC able stock" that costs more than $500.00

Yes.
No.
Hell No.
Are you Crazy.
That's absurd.

I can make it if you want.

Continue to tell you that you're in the wrong place. If I'm spending $500, a case is the last thing I would consider.

He put a computer in a refrigerator that has an air-conditioning grade cooling system, so it could run all the time.

Just my guess.

I offer to results of this thread:

1: It's complete poop. That's not trying to avoid the swear filter, that's trying to get as close as I can! The only way a case can allow a computer to achieve this kind of overclock is by augmenting the current cooling solution. A stock intel/amd cooler (as suggested by the OP) can only radiate heat as fast as physics allow, no breaking physics here, it just ain't gonna happen. Blasting more air at cooling devices ain't gonna help after that point. Cases don't particularly matter for watercooling or other types (aside from room for pipes and stuff).

2: He's a typical salesman and doesn't actually have any idea of what this product that has landed on his desk for him to market. I know of a company that is researching a cooler that is 4 cubic inches and can cool a litre of boiling water down to ice in a minute. If I got close OP, let me know :)

3: He really does have something, I'll eat my hat.

I posted on here, simple while looking for gear to test and upgrade my rig with, I figured it would be interesting if the DIY and OC crowd would BE INTERESTED in a one-time-purchase case, that allows them to- if it CAN be DONE- OC as far as their gear can go without heat problems or lapping or all that special expensive techno ****.

This block right here is quite different from the original "Guaranteed 200% OC!!!", which was in your original post, which looking back now to quote it, I am seeing that edited out of the original post.

Or how about the block cw823 found on you,

"I think the best I ever got on the teams was a 200+% OC (yeah, double the listed) on the entire rig liquid cooled in mineral oil. We didn't publish though. and at 200% full system OC"

that you completely ignored and didn't even acknowledge? And I know you mention you don't have a Harvard degree, but again, if I'm reading that correctly your talking about a 100% overclock, which would be something run at 200% clock speeds (double listed). So if you have a 3ghz cpu running at 6ghz, that would be a 100% OC, not 200%. Fail at math logic.

He's not exactly a salesman until he can sell the product (if it does indeed exist). A tip for you Mr TangoGrandma: Next time you decide to make an Über physics defying product that almost no one will buy wait til you CAN show it to the world before you try showing it to the world and save yourself from riddicule and humiliation.

OK, forget this stuff about the math. I'm trying to be helpful here.

Let's go back to...is there going to be a market for this? I quote myself:
There are in general, 2 types of OCers.
...the cheapskates that many of us are at heart (...no one who's getting an E2140 to double it's clockspeed is going to be [even taking a] look at something like this).
The second type are guys who burn through hardware evrey 6 months or so upgrading to the latest and pushing those to the limits. These guys already have the technical expertise and equipment to push their stuff to the limit - and so won't need this.

You've given a price - $500. Clearly out of the cheapskate OCer budget. And as I've said, the "pushers" already have their own goodies, and won't need this. Who do you intend on selling this to at $500?

i have to chime in hear with some reality for our amazing new product that the OP is talking about.

if your talking about an ambient cooling solution of some sort, your only going to be able to cool to ambient temps which means no better/marginally better than current water cooling solutions and certainly no fantastic 200% overclocks or anything remotely close to that. and with H20, there is little to no risk of damage unless you are a complete tool.

if you are talking sub-ambient then you may have the upper crowd interested, but again, for $500, you can get a solid SS that will definitely clock your CPU higher than anything you cook up IMO...unless of course it is a phase change system of sorts that is as efficient as a custom SS would be.

so, in the end, whatever it is you are trying to hype here...it isn't market feasible and will only be bought by people with more money than brains. unfortunately that is a good portion of the general public. from some of the statements you have made, you clearly are out of the loop in overclocking or, part of the general public. there is no need to make it complicated...one question will answer everything anyone with a head on their shoulders needs to know...

is it ambient or sub-ambient cooling?

A screen shot of say CPU-Z would help with this. That way we can see this 200% or 300% OC with say temps from CoreTemp and wouldn't show anything having to do with the case. At least give us this much.

I have an idea, have set up cw823 with a legally binding NDA then send him some pics so that he can confirm the existence of the case. I think that would be enough.
because without pics or a third party confirmation ... it doesn't exist to us.

if I'm reading that correctly your talking about a 100% overclock, which would be something run at 200% clock speeds (double listed). So if you have a 3ghz cpu running at 6ghz, that would be a 100% OC, not 200%. Fail at math logic.

Good point. A 3GHz CPU at 6GHz is a 100% OC, running at 200% of stock speed. A 200% OC would be 9GHz...

I'm sure even the famous 1.6GHz PIV Northies couldn't manage 200% OC.

You've given a price - $500. Clearly out of the cheapskate OCer budget. And as I've said, the "pushers" already have their own goodies, and won't need this. Who do you intend on selling this to at $500?

Excellent point: those who want it can't/wont afford it and those who can afford it don't need it.

I'm getting tired of vague sales pitch/hype.

The OP has one week (7 days, starting from the timestamp of this post) to post screenshots of his 100%OC and temps or I'm locking the thread. Tick-tock.

I'll admit, I think it's beyond bogus. Although it is good to have dreams and aspirations in anything, you need to prove it to others before you can sell it either physically or in idea form. I am also interested in some results, which to this point have been nil.

Depending on the noise level, cooling effectiveness, attractiveness, and, well, at least a few other variables, I might be interested in something like this, but there is no way I'd make a $500 investment without proof first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back