• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spend my money for me!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewcrew73

Haven't been in the PC game in quite some time due to work and such. Thinking about getting back into gaming. Turn my old PC into an HTPC.

So pretend you have $1500 Max to spend on a new build Not including monitor.

Ready go

I would purchase a GTX 1060, i5 8600k, mid level Z370, 500watt PSU, 16GB of 3200 speed memory, Case for a corsair h115i cooler.

Basically what wingman said.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BLMVYT

I have included the OS into the budget and added a 212 evo as a place holder for the cooler. Pick out a case you like and then based on that select either a better air cooler or a AIO and it should give you a decent rig.

This is exactly was I was hoping for. Someone to jsut build a cart and share it haha!

I'd wait on building a gaming PC right now, what with the mining craze still ongoing that even 1060's are over priced. Wait some till new cards are released (couple of months), you should (hopefully) see current gen video cards prices drop back to normal (and availability increase). If you don't mind used, wait till the miners start to offload their cards.

Problem with waiting for new GPU's, miners will be all over them soon as they hit also. I am not sure when we will see reasonable and in stock GPU's again.

The 1060 in the posted build for $350 does not exist. Its out of stock anywhere near that price. Amazon has it for $434. If your going to pay that much you may as well get one of the better models for just a little more.

The case is horrendous but fits close to your budget and gives you much better overall system.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/497082/G351_Desktop_Computer

If you live near a microcenter you can get a GPU for close to/at msrp if you buy the rest of the parts in a bundle.

Dear men,
What about buying couple older gen cards and sli for now?

Edit: NVM, much ram old cards much cost. Bundle buy at microcenter you must

Last edited:
Back